Looking for $100-200 USD IEMs
Jun 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Aznboy1993

New Head-Fier

OK so I've about had it with cheap in-ear headphones. I've been through about 5 in the past few months; one of them has completely broken and the rest were crap and I gave them to my siblings. So...I said screw it and I'm going to spend $100-200 on a good quality pair of in-ear headphones that meet my requirements below however, I am quite noob so I need help :p

Requirements:

1. I like deep, heart pounding bass (not the boomy crap) and the more the better
  2. My ears are hypersensitive to high frequency noises (and music alike), so I would prefer not so bright highs but still there to be able to fully enjoy the music
  3. I would prefer a downsloping frequency curve with the slope not being too steep
  4. I'd prefer not to buy a headphone amp (portability issues...I use my MDR-V6 for desktop music listening and my HT system for other usage)
  5. Must be durable
  6. Price around $100-200 USD
  7. I would prefer to buy from Amazon.com, but if I can find a used deal then I'd be fine with that
  8. So far I'm looking at Monster Turbine Pro Gold but I would like other suggestions 
    redface.gif

My equipment:

1. iPod Touch 4G 64GB
  2. 50% of music encoded in iTunes Plus (256bkps vbr aac)
  3. 50% of music encoded in ALAC (lossless)

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 3
your best bet for deep, heart pounding bass IEMs are DDM or even DDM2 which are more expensive but this week  are on Special Sale at MusicaAcoustics
for 198 plus shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back