Looking for $100-$150 headphones mainly for electronica
Nov 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AdmiralAkmir

New Head-Fier
***UPDATED QUESTION***

So I ended up going with the dt770 80 ohm version, because I found a pair cheaper than I could get the 32 version for. They just came today and they sound awesome and are super comfortable, but I want more.

Right now I have a Xonar DG, I don't really use dolby headphone all that much, so going to a DAC/AMP combo wouldn't really bother me, I've been doing some reading and I've heard conflicting things, and some of the threads were back from 2010-2011, so I'm going to ask in this thread to see what the consensus is.

I've seen people recommend the following

- Fiio E17 / E017
- Schiit m&m stack
- Matrix M-stage USB

I was seriously considering the m&m stack or a Fiio, and then I read this from another forum

Magni isnt good IMO, too much noise with low impedance-headphones and you dont need so much power.

The E07K is not good for the beyers, the DT770 needs more resourcefull power, I mean, more controlled and refined power, if not, the bass misscontrols a lot.

I was kind of thrown off because I saw people recommending Fiio stuff in other threads, and the Schiit m&m stack was also recommended. I'm drawn to the Fiio line of products because they are lower priced, but is it worth it to save up and get something better? I'd love to hear other people's experiences, if you have these cans, what's your setup? 

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 9
Hmmm, I've read some reviews, and they do sound awesome, but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on cans at that price, I'd like to stay closer to $150.

What about the Ultrasone HFI-580? Those seem comparable and I'm seeing them for around $160

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 9
They will have less sub bass than the DT770s or even the infamous ATH M50s, also be careful with the Treble peak at around 10 khz but other than that they seem pretty decent, made for portability I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back