Looking at the HD570 sens (sorry)
Jul 10, 2004 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

eFeX

New Head-Fier
hey, new here and i know ALOT of people hate the 570 sens. i have about 120 Canadian bucks after shipping to spend and these semm to be right in my price range. my souce will be a computer with a Sound Storm onboard sound card upgraded to an audigy 2 this winter. i am not really a music freak but i want a good pair of headphones so i can listen to music when i move in with room mates in sept.
What i am looking for is what you guys would recomend instead of these if they are so bad. just for a sample of what i will be uning them for here is some of my music play list and also keep in mind i play alot of games on my comp, mostly counter strike, Call of duty and Hl2 when it comes out.
Modest Mouse
the Hives
the Vines
AeroSmith
The Calling
Billy Talent
Jet
Antiflag
bad religon
White Stripes
linkin park
Nirvana
ect

right now i use Audio90s, they are not very good but they are ok. So what i am asking is will the HD570 be ok for what i need them (better then the audio90s desent sound quality and comfort) or is there something better.
if there is can you provide some links as well as some pros and cons.

Also one last question to anyone that lives up in canada. How do duties work? if i have headphones shiped over the border to New Brunswick will i have to pay extra? when do they tack on the price and how much will it be?

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 12
im not quite sure how much they are canadian, but the Audio Technica A500's are a steal at 100 dollars at audiocubes.com. I have heard both the 570's and i own the the A500's and the trounce them in every single way. I would hardily consider not getting the 570's and getting something like the A500's instead.

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 12
Consider stretching your budget a tiny bit (USD$99) for a MS1. The HD570 sound pretty bad without an amp (I've never heard the 570 with an amp), which I assume you are not planning to purchase.

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 12
some1x i cant seem to find a link to them, i was acctualy thinking of going on a splurge and getting some HD-555, how do they work on an un-amped source like a computer?

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 12
also if someone from canada can shed some light on my question about duties that would help me get over my buget probelm, i am going to go google and see what i can bring up.

Jul 10, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 12
Just another post to suggest you get almost anything but the 570s, they should discontinue those headphones, or at least drop them to $50.

Jul 10, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 12
yea i am looking at the HD555 from JR, ship them free to a friend in manie and then bring them across the boarder my self.
it comes to like 201 canadian with no tax and free shipping so its not a bad deal.

Jul 11, 2004 at 7:42 AM Post #11 of 12
I'm also looking into A500's and HD555. How do they compare to each other? What are your opinions? They both go for about $120 shipped online, but I still need someone to convince me which one's better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back