Looking at Sennheiser Momentum on ear. Is it worth getting for 100?
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 28
I just thought of another idea...

I owned a pair of audio-technica ATH-M35's a while back. In Canada, they can be found for just over $60. I can't claim these are the prettiest headphones, but they sounded quite good. Decent noise isolation too (i have used them on airplane rides). FYI: The only difference between the ATH-M30 and the M-35 is that the M-35 folds.

~Lot~

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #18 of 28
I also got some AKG Q460's for my sister for a great price, The soundstage is important to my decision on which headphones to get.  I know this is a tall order for on ear.  if you have any more suggestions i would greatly appreciate your help.  

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 28
I hope im not coming across wanting the MOE, they just seem like they are better headphones.  i recently listened to Bowers & Wilkins
 p7 and liked their sound, but the price tag is too high for my tastes.  i wish best buy carried them so i could try them out, can you compare the MOE to the XDR's any?

Um you do realize the m80 is like the highest rated on ear on this site right? They are more transparent and are higher fidelity. MOE is more colored. The P7 have that same colored,v shaped sound with lots of bass and treble, so if you liked those then you'd enjoy the MOE signature more

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #20 of 28
sorry i will go back on the neutral tone, i remembered i listened to some studio monitoring sony that a soundboard guy had.  i didnt like that sound as much as i do the P7.  i dont know know much about sound because of my very minute experience with headphones.  I wanted to find a better word for warm.  I like clarity and non mudy, big soundstage cans. like the MDR XB700 i feel like it gives more to the music.  i havent listened to the MOE but i have listened a bit to the bigger brother of the m80's the m100, the bass seemed to cover most of the mids. what would you recommend for indy and house? or should i just pick one.

Nov 14, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #21 of 28
Nanosniper I was talking about the ATH-M50x. The M50 is the older model. It has more piercing highs than the M50x.

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #23 of 28
I dont know if i want studio monitors for more portability.  If i would get M50 i would get the newer model because of the comfort and detachable cable with the slight tweak with the sound.  I have listened to Sony MDR7506 or something like them and would like more color in the sound, but still be great for easy listening.

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #24 of 28
sorry i will go back on the neutral tone, i remembered i listened to some studio monitoring sony that a soundboard guy had.  i didnt like that sound as much as i do the P7.  i dont know know much about sound because of my very minute experience with headphones.  I wanted to find a better word for warm.  I like clarity and non mudy, big soundstage cans. like the MDR XB700 i feel like it gives more to the music.  i havent listened to the MOE but i have listened a bit to the bigger brother of the m80's the m100, the bass seemed to cover most of the mids. what would you recommend for indy and house? or should i just pick one.

The m100 is a lot bassier than m80. M80 is neutral and relaxing and very good mids, i like the mids better than the newer XS and much more than the Momentum On Ear. But like i said since you dont want neutral and liked the P7 then the MOE has that kind of sound that the P7 has.

Also almost every Sony headphone is named MDR, so the one you have is XB700 which is a basshead can.

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #25 of 28
I dont know if i want studio monitors for more portability.  If i would get M50 i would get the newer model because of the comfort and detachable cable with the slight tweak with the sound.  I have listened to Sony MDR7506 or something like them and would like more color in the sound, but still be great for easy listening.

The M50x is actually very portable as it is quite foldable. It really is small, sitting on my desk right now.

Nov 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #26 of 28
i would like to try the m80s, but the reason i hesitate is because of how little i know about the sound of the m80's.  Are they a good all around set compared to the MOE? I can buy the m80's and return them to amazon if i dont like them, and vice versa for the MOE.  They are now about the same price.  

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #27 of 28
Thank you for all your feed back.  I will get the M80's, and if i dont like them i will return them.  my thought process is if i get the MOE first then i may not get the M80 Because it sounds like something i know.  But if i get the M80's i will be able to hear how it sounds and see if i like having the mids more pronounced.  

Thanks again!

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #28 of 28
I think you will find that the M80s aren't pronounced in the mids, it is that the entire range is fairly balanced. My daughter and I love our pairs of M80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back