Looking at a New Mac
Oct 31, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you wait until Black Friday you will probably get both the RAM and the 2.4.

Since when is Apple one to discount on Black Fridays?

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do every year. But it sounds like you're a student and you can't usually combine the education and Black Friday discounts.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do every year. But it sounds like you're a student and you can't usually combine the education and Black Friday discounts.

I won't be out of high school for another 3 years. What kind of discount are we talking on Black Friday (generally speaking)?

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #34 of 38
Usually 10% or $100. or so. Usually the iMac, the most basic MacBook and the iPod Nano go on sale. I can't remember if the middle priced products go on sale or not and it seems that Apple is very tight-lipped about what is on sale until the day of the sale.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #35 of 38
If it's just a $100 and only on specific models, MacMall might be an equally good place to buy the computer and you wouldn't have to wait. They sell the Macs for ~$100 less, albeit with a mail-in rebate which some people don't like but I've never had an issue with.

I think I'm settled I'm waiting until these new Macbooks turn up in the refurbished section of the Apple store.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since many years back...!
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #37 of 38
they've offered a small discount for the last few years. Nothing spectacular though. certainly nothing worth staying up for, or queueing for.

You'll probablt get a better deal at a mac reseller on BF than at apple.

Seems you can go up to 6 GB of ram, 8 GB is unstable aparrently. Weird.

Confirmed: New MacBooks Support 6GB RAM

Nov 1, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #38 of 38
Hey guys,
Actually, Can someone tell me what Apple usually discounts on a brand new model macbook pro when the same model turns up in the refurb store? Is it like $100 or $150?

Macmall sells the 2000 model for 1846 (after $100 rebate) with a printer and parallels that are free after rebate. i figure i could sell those both for at least $100 which together would mean $200 off the computer.

Also, anyone know based on what they've usually done whether they will upgrade before April or May?

I may upgrade sooner than I thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back