Lookin for RCA to mini cable
Jun 27, 2006 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

stukovx

100+ Head-Fier
Like every post I have been posting about lately, I am in the process of purchasing k701's along with a gilmore lite. Now all I need to buy is a rca to mini cable. I can't really justify spending 100+ dollars for one of these cables unless I know the sound difference will be major.

Could you guys recommend me some cables with a price max of 100$ and would work well with my setup?

Jun 28, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Why are you going the route of rca to mini? Do you only plan to feed the amp with an iPod or equivalent? The least expensive way would be to visit Radio Shack and grab a set there.

its gonna go from my future gilmore lite to my x-fi

Jun 28, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 23
Ask Ken at audiolineout.com. I don't know if he does this, but his build/sound quality is excellent.

Ed

Jun 28, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by stukovx
Like every post I have been posting about lately, I am in the process of purchasing k701's along with a gilmore lite. Now all I need to buy is a rca to mini cable. I can't really justify spending 100+ dollars for one of these cables unless I know the sound difference will be major.

Could you guys recommend me some cables with a price max of 100$ and would work well with my setup?

I bought the Silver dragon RCA to Mini 1 FT..145.00..Heard nothing but great things about the cable..& drew offers a 30 day money back gurantee aswell..You might want to check it out..If you get hi end equpiment you should get hi end cables..But if your system is modest, I'd think twice before spending that much..

Jun 28, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
I bought the Silver dragon RCA to Mini 1 FT..145.00..Heard nothing but great things about the cable..& drew offers a 30 day money back gurantee aswell..You might want to check it out..If you get hi end equpiment you should get hi end cables..But if your system is modest, I'd think twice before spending that much..

I would consider 600$ for an amp and cans mid-high to high end. It's just 145 for some cables doesnt seem within reason. Are there any other cables that come relatively close to the performance of silver dragons but at a more suitable price?

Jun 28, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #8 of 23
You can always use a female rca to male mini adapter like I do temporarily, grandenigma said it's fine when I asked him about it.

Jun 28, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 23
Moon Audio sells a Cardas 1 foot mini to rca for $40.

Cardasminirca.jpg

Jun 28, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by stukovx
I would consider 600$ for an amp and cans mid-high to high end. It's just 145 for some cables doesnt seem within reason. Are there any other cables that come relatively close to the performance of silver dragons but at a more suitable price?

Take a look at the Silvermini from www.SignalCable.com for $69 for 2ft length.

Jun 28, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge
Take a look at the Silvermini from www.SignalCable.com for $69 for 2ft length.

I just got my signal analog two 2 ft cable, and it's pretty sweet, 2 ft is a nice short length for all my needs. Still, I prefer my grandenigmas cables over them, but they are nice also. There are a LOT of diyers on these forums such as grandenigma who will make you a good cheap cable.

Jun 28, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 23
Zu Cable always has some of their wares at genuine auction on ebay. I picked up 3 different Zu Pivot ICs at great prices there. The Zu Pivot is silver, but it's very flexible (more than the lovely Moon Audio cables), and sometimes a bit smoother than my SIlver Dragon. I like both, depending on the system (and my mood).

Here's a 1.0 meter mini-to-RCA Zu Pivot -- and even if the lurkers are waiting to snipe it, you still might get it at a good price. If not there'll be another one soon enough:

Zu Pivot 1m mini-to-RCA on ebay -- 1d to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back