Lookin for headphones with a Bass emphasis with a budget of $100
Dec 20, 2011 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jasp3r

New Head-Fier

Hello everyone,

My current headphones is actually a gaming headset (Steelseries Siberia V2) and the sound is not so great. So I decided to buy a new headphone but I'm really stuck on what headphones to pick. I listen to dubstep and hardstyle, so bass is pretty important. I've done some research myself but they all contradict. I was for example suggested the Sennheiser HD215, but other reviews clearly state that its bass is very weak. I don't even know what brand I should take, I hear good stuff about Sennheisers, but from others I hear that the Sennheisers aren't focusing on the lower frequencies.

These are the headphones I'm currently considering:
- Sennheiser HD429
- Sennheiser HD428
- Sennheiser HD438
- Sennheiser HD439
- Sennheiser HD448
- Sennheiser HD449
- Sennheiser HD528
- AKG K121
- AKG K518 DJ

Thanks in advance,
Jasper

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 19
You might like these:

Panasonic RP-HTF-600 with Velour Pads
Sony XB500

Both are great bang for the buck, comfy and BOOMBOOM.

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 19
Superlux, perhaps?  The 668b's have very good bass...very deep and very tight.

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 19
akg 450s are the headphones you are looking for my friend they got a five star review in what hifi ;they sound like a pair of grados but with a good deep bass i got the akg480s with noise canceling from richer sounds i tried a pair of senns but the bass wasn't very good they recomended the akg450s but never had any in stock,you won't regret buying these headphones!  

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #6 of 19
if you go on the what hifi website you will see them they even do a video review of them;i am a dj signed to the ministry of sound and every pair of headphones i have got be it in ear or overhead have got a good bass i have made dubstep with annie mac and scream so i know a thing or two about the music you listen too! 

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 19
when i am listening to music on my computer playing battlefield3 i use a headphone amp with a pair of in ear klipsch image s4i they sound quite good my pc has got a good sound card no need for a dac also klipsch do over the head headphones called the ones they would be good for listening too music on your computer if that's what you want headphones for?

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #10 of 19
The Senns seem pretty bass light to me.... how about the sony V6s?

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 19
grado headphones are good aswell the sr80i are a very good headphone if you can get ex demo ones from richer sounds you will pick them up for a hundred quid all ex demo means is that the box as been opened and people have had a listen they retail for about £120 or you could get the sr60i much better than any sony headphones you can buy! if a richer sounds is in your area pop in and have a listen and try the akg 450 and compare anything but sony!

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #15 of 19
If you don't mind used (like-new condition), Electronics-Expo through Amazon has a pair of open box Denon D1100's for $99 + shipping. IMO the D1100 is a huge step up from the D1001/Creative Aurvana Live! headphones, both in comfort and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back