LOOK WHAT YOU DID! Well, I did it, I guess...
Jun 13, 2007 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Eldirial

100+ Head-Fier
I went and spent money.

Bah.

Well, I have been on Head-Fi for... oh, about a month now, and I have gathered myself a rig.

A month ago, I owned a pair of Shure E2c's, and ipod nano (first gen), and a 4th gen ipod.

Yeah.

Well, I haven't changed my sources, but other than that...

I rooted around my house and have found a pair of Sennheiser HD 540 II's.
I have purchased a pair of Beyer 770/80 pro's...
And a pair of Shure SE 310's...
And an mSeed Amp..
And a cryo dock from ALO audio.

That's enough to play with for awhile- I know nothing is a huge purchase, but I think I will be able to actually enjoy my music listening so much more than I have been able to.

I never thought I would be looking forward to "burning-in" something.

Thanks Head-Fi!

Well, other than for my wallet.

Edit:
Now, here is a bad picture of my rig!
DSCN1475.jpg

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 13
I figured it was worth putting a paycheck into it, instead of doing minor upgrades that I would need to sell back each time I want to get something else.

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 13
Well...the curse of Head-Fi that is.

I came here not very long ago with really no equipment worth mentioning here, and just thought: What? The people here are spending hundreds of bucks for headphone stuff...screwing freaks! Couldn't believe it.

But it was too late, after a really short time I've seen myself spending that much money on headphones.

Enjoy your new equipment, but if you don't wanna spend more money, leave now and never come back. Otherwise...read on...
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #7 of 13
Enjoy your new headphone related items.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 13
Thanks for your comments everyone- I haven't responded due to recent hospital stay (long story, I'm fine), but here is the rig in it's current form! I would love to say final, but we all know that it's very rare to see a final rig on Head-Fi.

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldirial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your comments everyone- I haven't responded due to recent hospital stay (long story, I'm fine), but here is the rig in it's current form! I would love to say final, but we all know that it's very rare to see a final rig on Head-Fi.

I hope your ok
confused.gif
. BTW, nice rig!

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah, I'm okay. Dentist visit turned into ambulance ride turned into 5 nights in the local observing room.

But anyways... thanks! I'm loving the rig so far.

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 13
Id say it was worth the upgrade...that way you definitely notice a difference...lol

I think Its better to spend alot of money and get a good system all at once...rather than buying little upgrades..it cuts your loss and increases satisfaction...well not as long but twice as good...kind of satisfaction

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #12 of 13
ONO!

Not an ambulance ride, that's gonna set you back $500-$800. Unless you have medical.
blink.gif

Imagine the sweet toyz, with $800.....

Glad you are up, and about, tho.
eggosmile.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ONO!

Not an ambulance ride, that's gonna set you back $500-$800. Unless you have medical.
blink.gif

Imagine the sweet toyz, with $800.....

Glad you are up, and about, tho.
eggosmile.gif

The words of a true audiophile, Haha that was hilarious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back