Look ma, i'm using my JH16 whist skyping
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

D_4_Dog

100+ Head-Fier
Are you looking for an iDevice cable for use with your CIEM? Are you sick of having to fumble through your pocket for your iDevice trying to pause or rewind your music? What if i told this is no longer necessary? Introducing the new IE80i frankenstein cable

(ha... kidding guys... it's 3am and there's nothing but infomercials on TV)

ANYWAYS... the thing is. I've been wanting a 3-button mic-cable that is 1) iphone compatible and 2) looks decent/non-bulky and 3) works well for VOIP for a while. A quick search on head-fi.org didn't offer any brilliant solution either. So essentially what i've done is this:

1) Bought a replacement sennheiser IE80i cable
Yes it has 3 buttons and yes the mic function works decent enough. I also quite like the look of the controls. The color of the entire cable, including the headphone jack matches my JH16a well. And finally, the jack works with my iphone case as its not bulky at all. If i had to be extra picky my only complaint would be that the cable is stiffer than the IE8 cable.

2) Bought a pair of angled westone connectors off ebay. The one i picked had this curved round barrel which i felt went well with shape of CIEMs.

3) After lengthy discussion with Effect Audio (as i can't solder for s**t) they've agreed to reterminate it for me.

Been using it for 2 weeks now and i have to say, i couldn't be happier! Call quality appears to be top notch, and i can still use the Etymotic Awareness app with any music-app whilst on the go as well. Don't why nobody's thought of or posted this option but it definitely works. So if this sounds like your thing, give it a shot!

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Maybe. But i couldn't actually zoom in on the pic on that page to get a good look at the connectors to make sure they're gonna work. Oh well if my current cable fails i'll try this one next i guess.

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 4
JHAudio accessory page :

http://www.jhaudio.com/product/mic-cable-smart-phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back