LOOK!!! A rare Sony D-Z555 pcdp on EBAY...ends SOON!!!
Mar 6, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by LamerDeluxe (tm)
That's probably the headphone out electrolytes (220uF usually). To test this bypass them with a working cap (just touch the connections with the feet of the working cap, mind the polarity).

Clean and (lightly) lubricate the wormwheel with white litium grease (molykote for instance). Use a brush with cleaning alcohol for cleaning. A toothpick for applying and maybe the brush for spreading the grease.

Clean and (lightly!) lubricate the laser guide rail with sewing machine oil.

Clean the lens with cleaning alcohol on a q-tip. Use the dry end to dry the lens.

Use a syringe with sewing machine oil to place some drops at the spindle axis under the spindle hub.

Other than that, tracking might need adjusting, you'd probably need a service manual for that.

I know what you mean and I don't even have an amp yet
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehe.. see what I mean? I have no clue about the real technical aspects of things. I can unscrew things.. reset things.. more of the mechanical aspects.. but once it hits electrolytes, capacitors, transistors, resistors.. I'm lost.
smily_headphones1.gif

*sigh*.. Anyone have any ideas about learning more about this?... "Electronics in 21 days" or something?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Hehe.. see what I mean? I have no clue about the real technical aspects of things. I can unscrew things.. reset things.. more of the mechanical aspects.. but once it hits electrolytes, capacitors, transistors, resistors.. I'm lost.
smily_headphones1.gif

*sigh*.. Anyone have any ideas about learning more about this?... "Electronics in 21 days" or something?
smily_headphones1.gif

Electrolytes (electrolytic capacitors) are those large cylindrical things, the top is metal, a plastic sleeve is wrapped around them. They have information on them like 220uF 6v. They come in all sorts of colors, black, grey, light blue, red etc. They have two feet, the negative one indicated by a black stripe on the plastic sleeve.

The rest in PCDPs is usually those tiny surfacemount components and you probably can't get those in a store anyway. I'm not even sure which surfacemount components are what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back