Longest Palindrome Ever
Mar 4, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 25
At first, I thought I was reading a list of long palindromes, til I scrolled down and realized that the entire thing WAS the palindrome!
eek.gif
Still, I love stuff like this, thanks for sharing!

Catch you later,
Id

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 25
somebody has

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

too much free time.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 25
lots of free time or a computer program created that.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #6 of 25
It would be cooler if the text were coherent and made sense
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 25
hahaha now let's implement a stack using push down automata to test it...

That is freaking great.

Ale, zoo beer, frets yon animal. Can it? New sex arose but, we sots, not to panic – it’s ale – did I barrel? Did I lose diadem, rare carrot in a jar of mine? Droop as tops sag – unseen knots.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 25
It had to be a program that created it - given it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. I'd imagine it'd be possible to have a program sequence patterns of characters within words, then combine those words in various ways in an attempt to find combinations where the sequence is the same forward and backwards. I'd hate to try and devise such an algorithm though...

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwisatz
It had to be a program that created it - given it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. I'd imagine it'd be possible to have a program sequence patterns of characters within words, then combine those words in various ways in an attempt to find combinations where the sequence is the same forward and backwards. I'd hate to try and devise such an algorithm though...

Seems to me it would be easy to write a brute force algorithm to do it, it's speeding things up that would get tricky
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Seems to me it would be easy to write a brute force algorithm to do it, it's speeding things up that would get tricky
smily_headphones1.gif

Brute force algorithm - nearly an oxymoron.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
hahaha now let's implement a stack using push down automata to test it...

Now because I was really bored and had an old java palindrome checker already written for a past class... it checks out - no surprise there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back