Longest Lifespan of an IEM You Own?
Feb 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #31 of 43
I got the JLAB J2 in March of 2010 and it still works, so that's 23 months and counting. That thing can take some abuse man. The earbuds got caught between my bed and the nightstand, and I didn't know, so I pulled it, hard. The wires are not firmly attached inside of the earbuds anymore, but it works fine.

Too bad the sound quality is garbage.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #33 of 43
The used Etymotic ER-4Ps that I bought. Were dated as about 10 years old by Etymotic, based on armature serial numbers.

I hope my new set goes that long too.

Fingers crossed, Jim

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #34 of 43
Did I mention that besides the older cord, they sounded just as good as my new set.

Guess I should also mention that I paid 50% of the Brand New Pricing...

Show me another IEM that can do that!

Jim

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #36 of 43
My Ipod Earbuds have been working great for six years and haven't had a single flaw. :p I also have some Sony Iem's that have been heavily used for several months without any flaws.

If you're spending >$100.00 on IEM's I'd expect them to last for quite some time.

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #38 of 43
I bought turbine pros because I was sick of earphones breaking on me. Not because they don't break, but because they have lifetime warranty. I've been looking at the TF10'S and they have a removable cable, has anyone had any problems with the actual earpiece breaking? I'm considering selling my turbines and going for the TF10's since the cable is replaceable. I am pretty rough with my earphones, I go running with them and bring them everywhere. Should I just stick with the turbines or could I make the TF10's work?

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:
I bought turbine pros because I was sick of earphones breaking on me. Not because they don't break, but because they have lifetime warranty. I've been looking at the TF10'S and they have a removable cable, has anyone had any problems with the actual earpiece breaking? I'm considering selling my turbines and going for the TF10's since the cable is replaceable. I am pretty rough with my earphones, I go running with them and bring them everywhere. Should I just stick with the turbines or could I make the TF10's work?

TF10 breaks and spoils easily...strongly not recommended

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #42 of 43
My shure e3c's would last maybe 5-10 months each. I would send them to repair and they would just send me a new one. I went through a couple and they were all bad before the year mark. I eventually tried out the Shure 215's and they lasted maybe 2 years at most. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back