Long Wait... Concern?
Mar 1, 2006 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

zancxia

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of Beyers from Jan Meier on the 2nd of February. Tomorrow will make it a month since I bought them, and a day less than that for shipping. I've heard of some people getting their items from Jan in less than a week, most around the estimated 10-14, international. I contacted Jan about my issue last week, but it doesn't seem that I can do anything other than wait at the moment.

In my position, what would your level of concern be?

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 14
I would'nt worry about it. I have had some shipments from the states and canada take over a month. Once the shipper forgot the "par avion" sticker and it went by boat took 6 weeks. As for canada well they got canada post
smily_headphones1.gif
I have never had shipments disapear or damaged, they always show up in the end.

Mar 2, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 14
I don't worry if they tell me ahead of time "could take 4-8 weeks."

Case in point: The AKG 701's. Everyone knows the retailers and dealers are at the mercy of AKG shipping x amount of cans from Germany.

No worries! Just want the goodies ASAP!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 14
I'm definitely not worried as far as Jan goes. He sent me a scan he took of my shipping label, so I'm pretty sure it has been sent. It is the shipping process that has me worried.
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 14
While everyone else seemed to get their HE90's in about 7-10 days, mine took 30 days to arrive. On the 25th day I was getting anxious, but after talking with Todd (he gets many shipments from Jan), he said that sometimes it does take a good month and this was the case. Compiling Jan and I, over 10,000 packages have been sent without a lost one. Could you be first? Maybe, but the odds are highly against it
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #7 of 14
Thanks--sounds good. I wish I didn't have to be one of those that have to wait though.
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 14
I've been bugging AudioCubes constantly for my ATH-ES7's. the website says product usually ships in 1-3 days but for me that's never true. the fastest was 5 days. Then, after the long wait, they tell me they're sending me the white ones instead of the black ones. So the process gotta repeat all over again. I've been waiting for months now. I'm more annoyed than concerned

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #10 of 14
Angry? Sure. At the postal service
mad.gif

I've had pretty good luck with the stuff I have ordered from Meier coming fairly fast, but international mail can take a while, no doubt.

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #12 of 14
I Like others have said. I wouldn't worry about it. Jan is a reliable guy. But I agree somtimes postage can be a pain!!My god, I once waited two months for something to be shipped form Poland, because the mail service was so terrible.

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
But I agree somtimes postage can be a pain!!My god, I once waited two months for something to be shipped form Poland, because the mail service was so terrible.

Very comforting thought. lol

I thought about buying headphones a few weeks ago when I saw some Beyers in the FS forum going for less than I purchased mine for. I didn't consider it then because I just knew that Jan's package would be getting here anytime. I'd probably be listening to some DT880s right now if I had.
frown.gif

Unfortunately, I probably wont be buying overseas anymore, unless I upgrade my shipping. Jan seems like a great guy, and he has done everything right... I just can't take a chance on waiting again. (And that goes for other international vendors).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back