Long time lurker...says hello
Nov 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

praveenp

New Head-Fier
Hi folks -

I finally decided to post. I just wanted to say a big 'Thank You' for all the recommendations and advice given by the forum members, over the past few years. I started out with my first good headphone in the Ultrasone HFI-650. It was my first decent phone having previously used sub $70 Sony or KOSS products. I used to listen to it out of the Rio Karma or the Panasonic CT470 CD player. 

When the Denons came around, I quickly got myself a Denon D2000 (got it based on forum recommendations) and love it even to this day. I dabbled a bit in the world of orthos via the Mad Dog w/Dog Pads for a while. However their heavy amp requirements ....put a damper in my continued use of the Mad Dogs. Cant use it as a portable. I do listen to it when I crave for a different kind of sound. I pair it with the Lyr....great combo and very comfortable.

These days my usual listening gear are the Denon D2000 and the Westone 3 (awesome IEMs with great bass and clear mids) straight out of the Fiio X3. My music files are mostly FLAC, converted using DBpoweramp ripper/converter software.

So finally, if there is one thing that I have to say about my sonic journey, it's that I'm deeply grateful to this forum and all the members that inhabit it. All of you have helped me, educated me and guided me in making the right decisions for my sonic needs.

Thank You,
Praveen

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 10
  Hi folks -

I finally decided to post. I just wanted to say a big 'Thank You' for all the recommendations and advice given by the forum members, over the past few years. I started out with my first good headphone in the Ultrasone HFI-650. It was my first decent phone having previously used sub $70 Sony or KOSS products. I used to listen to it out of the Rio Karma or the Panasonic CT470 CD player. 

When the Denons came around, I quickly got myself a Denon D2000 (got it based on forum recommendations) and love it even to this day. I dabbled a bit in the world of orthos via the Mad Dog w/Dog Pads for a while. However their heavy amp requirements ....put a damper in my continued use of the Mad Dogs. Cant use it as a portable. I do listen to it when I crave for a different kind of sound. I pair it with the Lyr....great combo and very comfortable.

These days my usual listening gear are the Denon D2000 and the Westone 3 (awesome IEMs with great bass and clear mids) straight out of the Fiio X3. My music files are mostly FLAC, converted using DBpoweramp ripper/converter software.

So finally, if there is one thing that I have to say about my sonic journey, it's that I'm deeply grateful to this forum and all the members that inhabit it. All of you have helped me, educated me and guided me in making the right decisions for my sonic needs.

Thank You,
Praveen

Happy to hear you have a D2k you enjoy :3 I've got one on the way my self :D 

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 10
I wish I had bought the D2000 when they were commonly available - I'm afraid that's going to be the one that got away for me...
redface.gif

Well I have one... some where :/

Still I'm excited... kinda still Oh and Orgeonian is selling his D2k and D5k! with awesome prices, since both have custom wood work done and new pads 

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm really tempted by Oregonian's D2k woodies...awesome price. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #7 of 10
  I'm really tempted by Oregonian's D2k woodies...awesome price. 

sadly he just took the off the market :[ there is how ever a fellow in canda selling a Wooden Back D2k for about $500, in addition there is another cat selling a Stock D2k [with some minor dampening mods] here in the US. Let me know if your interested and I can find the adds for you ;3 

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 10
haha....hoping too. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #10 of 10
  Welcome! It's good to see that you are displaying the true inclinations of a head fier..

haha....hoping too. 

Indeed, and check the For Sale thread, there should still be some D2k for sale. THere is also a D2k with a D7k back for sale, but it's got some NASTY damage to the cups, but there are some affordable used options! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back