Long Time Lurker First Time Poster
Aug 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

freak4geek

New Head-Fier
Hello [HF]!

First off I gotta say thank you for the long time support of the community. (read: ive been stalking you) You guys are great and some if not most REALLY know your ears and nuances of music and sound fields. I am about to enter the acoustic engineering field of speaker design and lately I have been paying a lot closer attention to everything and anything I listen to. 

Which brings me to this, I need a pair of IEMs. ~$100USD. I know I know, you've beaten that horse to death it seems everyday. But alas everyone is different and I applaud your steel hardened dedication as a community to continue help beat this horse to death. I have read the 249 IEM showdown, yes all of it, and while daunting I learned a lot. It really does depend on the person, the music and the taste. Well here is what I would like to find and what I think I have found will suit my tastes.

I want my Definitive Technology BP's in my ears (doesn't everybody?) I would like the soundstage, the crisp but not harsh highs, quality clear bass but not overpowering though I want to feel its presence and somewhat warm but clean mids. All of this wrapped up in a nice comfortable IEM that I can wear all day walking through campus and at the smattering of coffee shops through out town as I stop for a pick me up between classes. I hear the Klipsch Image S4's are the cats meow for all day comfort and the GR07's are it for sound and somewhat for comfort. (What about the Rock r-50's?)

SO, with that what do you guys recommend? The absolute MOST I could possibly spend would be $150 if the wife will let me and I get goodies for the birthday coming up. Oh! I almost forgot the use of these will be for anything from Nora Jones (so cute!) to electro, wub step, vocal trance, Carbon Leaf, Dave Matthews, heavy metal and even the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo. Plus the occasional session of League of Legends and The Secret World when I have the time.  

**sits back and prepares to be wowed**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back