London shop with good DAPs selection?
Jan 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SgtMattBaker

Head-Fier
Hi guys, looking to upgrade my old Cowon J3 and like to try out few DAPs in £200-400 price range. Is there any store in London (or Leeds but I doubt) where I can cheak DAPs as Fiio X5 II, Lotoo PAW 5000, iBasso DX80, Cowon Plenue D and others?

Zone 1 and 2 preferred as I will have only 2-3 hours free.

Thanks

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Sometimes makes you wish you lived in (or were a frequent business traveler to) HongKong or Tokyo, doesn't it?

I'm also interested to hear of any London dealers with decent selections of audiophile DAPs, but I know London pretty well and know of no such place, at this point in time.

Even Tottenham Court Road is a mere shadow of its former self, electronics-wise.

Audiophile DAPs are a niche market, that's teetering on the brink of breaking into the mainstream, sales-wise, but not quite yet...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 6
Richer sounds stocks a few. They do a price match on online stuff as well as long as its in the UK. They don't stock a lot and most of it is ordered for demo.... their london flagship store should have a few to try. 

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 6
I realise this is too late, and I know it's not London, but for anyone reading this at a later date, there is a compromise available, if you're willing to take a train journey to the south coast

www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/how-to-find-us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back