London Meet (mini-ish) 24th June 06
Jun 7, 2006 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
London Meet (mini-ish) 24th June 06

So I decided that as nobody had set a date for another London meet, I would host one myself. After the fun that Myself, Justin and Vic had last time, I hope we can get a few more souls down to north london. I know this is only 2 weekends away, but this is the only date the house is likely to be quiet. Also as I am limited for space, this may end up being handy as a numbers-limiter.

(For anybody concerned, I have checked the schedule, and unless England come second in their group, there won’t be a clash with an England match!)

Not wishing to pre-empt the flood of people commiting to come along, but I should warn you all that my house is a 1930’s semi, and as such is not all that large. The back living room could hold maybe 5-7 people and the front possibly just 5. At a pinch we could get some more people in the kitchen, (maybe as a room for portables) but I’m kind of limited with numbers to 10-15 or so.

If people come around for mid-late morning, we can do some listening in the afternoon, before retiring to the local pub for a few drinks and maybe some food, and then back for more listening, (or the local chinese takeaway is very good and has free delivery).

My address is
4 Alton Avenue, Stanmore, Middx, HA7 3PQ.
Streetmap

Nearest Tube is Stanmore, and then it’s a short bus ride and a wander from there.

I am going to attempt to keep this thread with current details, including an up-to-date attendees list, but as I can’t get head-fi at work, this will only be updated in the evening.

Attendees:
Me
Vic
StevieDvd

Sources:

NAD 514
iPod Photo 60Gb
Laptop to M-Audio Audiophile USB
HR microdac
Ipod 30gb video with qables.com dock connector
Creek CD50 mk1
Benchmark Dac1

Amps:

Original Master
Xin Supermini
Millet Hybrid
Unity Gain Cmoy
Meier Corda Mkii SE
RS SR71
RS Hornet (upgraded)
HR microamp*
WNA Mk1

Headphones:

Audio Technica W5000
Sennheiser HD650
AKG K701
Sony SA5000
Sennheiser HD580
Grado SR-60
Sennheiser HD201
Koss Ksc75
Beyerdynamic Dt231
Shure E5c (I have no spare tips, but you are welcome to bring some to try these)
Audio Technica ATH-7 Electret.
Sennheiser HD650 Zu Mobius XLR balanced
Grado HHF1
Westone UM2
Alessandro MS2i headphiled*
Alessandro MS1 headphiled*
AKG 26p (the good ones)*
ATH FC7*
HD201 recabled*

Any questions, don’t hesitate to get in contact, and I hope to see a few of you there.

Stew

Jun 8, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 11
Hi Stew,
fantastic idea!
Count on me of course. I will be able to bring the Original Master and a battery of cans: W5000, HD650, K701 and SA5000 (the Opus 21 is too bulky for outings of this kind).
I am sure Justin will show up with his fantastic Raptor and maybe a couple of great sources.
I hope the local pub is a really good one.

Many thanks for the invitation,
vIC

Jun 8, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 11
Hopefully I can attend this one too
tongue.gif

You're basically a trip up the A1(M) for me so in the neighbourhood so to speak.

Steve

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Hopefully I can attend this one too
tongue.gif

You're basically a trip up the A1(M) for me so in the neighbourhood so to speak.

Steve

Excellent. I take it the gear list will be the same as on Justin's thread?

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
Excellent. I take it the gear list will be the same as on Justin's thread?

Yep,

My broadband was up & down like a yoyo yesterday so I was a little economical with my posting.

I should have the following available:

Sennheiser HD650 Zu Mobius XLR balanced
Grado HHF1
Creek CD50 mk1
Benchmark Dac1
Meier Corda Mkii SE
RS SR71
RS Hornet (upgraded)
HR microamp*
HR microdac
Ipod 30gb video with qables.com dock connector
Westone UM2
WNA Mk1
Ety ER4p*
Alessandro MS2i headphiled*
Alessandro MS1 headphiled*
AKG 26p (the good ones)*
ATH FC7*
HD201 recabled*

* if not already sold

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
I am sure Justin will show up with his fantastic Raptor and maybe a couple of great sources.

I'm afraid not, I'll be in Reading enjoying the delights of a stag weekend with some people I don't know.

Sorry I can't make it, Stew, but hopefully we'll see you a month later at Vic's?

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles
I'm afraid not, I'll be in Reading enjoying the delights of a stag weekend with some people I don't know.

Sorry I can't make it, Stew, but hopefully we'll see you a month later at Vic's?

Shameless shameless plug for your own meet there Justin, tsk tsk. But yeah, I'll almost certainly pop along.

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #9 of 11
Hi Stew,

Thanx for the invite, unfortunately I can't make this weekend but I hope to come to the July meet.

Cheers,
Mark

Jun 19, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 11
Hi, It's good to see meets in UK. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this one and I should be in Paris by the one in July so I'll miss both.
frown.gif

Looking forward to meet you some other time, though.

Cheers

Jun 19, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #11 of 11
Darn, 2 more no-shows. So that's now you two... and the rest of the nation.

Markymark, hope to see you in July, and Nomad, well I guess another time. I'll try to keep you informed if another one occurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back