London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014
May 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #46 of 97
That actually made my day, thanks for that, most people I know think it's the most stupid obsession ever until they want a pair of headphones. I also play three instruments (done one grade 8 doing two more in autumn hopefully) and speed stack :) so youth of today aren't entirely awful

May 23, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #47 of 97
Well you sound like a sensible, level headed 16 year old to me...

Keep on doing what you believe in, as the pressure to conform, and be one of the gang for young people (fashion victim) seems to grow year on year!

Just the fact you didn't opt for 'Beats' headphones already says something about your personality. :wink:

May 23, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #48 of 97
That actually made my day, thanks for that, most people I know think it's the most stupid obsession ever until they want a pair of headphones. I also play three instruments (done one grade 8 doing two more in autumn hopefully) and speed stack
smily_headphones1.gif
so youth of today aren't entirely awful

I don't know the full legal situation, but I bet your music teacher(s) have the necessary vetting to be able to accompany minors on trips like this. Maybe you could get him/her interested in attending? I think they'll need an enhanced CRB check. Maybe someone with a bit (lot!) more legal knowledge than I can comment?

May 26, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #51 of 97
Smial covered it very well. Local halls aren't too expensive to hire. It's all about the company you keep, having sponsors showing off their gear is really cool though.

Guess it's all down to someone stepping forward and doing some enquiring :p

May 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #52 of 97
Organising a meet is very easy and I'm happy to help an event newbie with the logistics. Having arranged a previous meet in 2012 involving retailers, manufacturers and distributors, my preference for future events would be more member centric, with enthusiasts bringing their own gear and a more informal atmosphere.

If there are no willing volunteers arranging a meet this year I'll bite the biscuit (surely bullet?) and organise a mini-meet in October. Though it'll be in Norfolk (Google it Londoners) and low key.

Smial covered it very well. Local halls aren't too expensive to hire. It's all about the company you keep, having sponsors showing off their gear is really cool though.

Guess it's all down to someone stepping forward and doing some enquiring :p

May 27, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #53 of 97
I went to that meet, top job indeed. If anyone else was intrested in doing something, your local sandwich maker would be overwhelmed with an order for 50 baguettes/ rolls, probably being happy to deliver too. Not a necessary thing, just an idea.

May 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #55 of 97
Yup, deepest and darkest Norfolk!

It's actually only 90 minutes by direct train from King's Cross to King's Lynn (my town). I'll rope in a friend to ferry folks from the train station to the meet venue free of charge.

Nooooooo..rfolk??? You must be kidding! :veryevil:

May 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #57 of 97
Yup, deepest and darkest Norfolk!

It's actually only 90 minutes by direct train from King's Cross to King's Lynn (my town). I'll rope in a friend to ferry folks from the train station to the meet venue free of charge.

Not Norwich? - then i won't have to travel far :wink:

May 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #58 of 97
A perk of organising a mini-meet is that the person setting it up gets to determine the venue.

Not Norwich? - then i won't have to travel far :wink:

May 28, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #60 of 97
If we know a date, I can book a guaranteed day off work. Also first aid trained as am cabin crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back