London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014
Apr 16, 2014 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Homage

100+ Head-Fier
Not heard anything since last year about the London meet up taking place!

Does anyone know if it will still be taking place in May as discussed, or at a later date perhaps?

Thanks

Mark

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 97
about time!....
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 97
Good news....

Here's hoping it happens!

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #6 of 97
Subscribed...

Apr 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 97
Subscribed

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 97
Another Sub with interest....

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 97
+1

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #12 of 97
I've talked to quite a few people from Head-Fi (inc Sponsors) about a Head-Fi Meet/Event in London... the format as it stands is too limiting to what could be achieved. We have a opportunity to change things or leave things as they are, smallish get togethers with a few interested Sponsors, great fun but not a lot in it for the Sponsors(I'm being realistic here regarding sales etc.).

I have a few suggestions and would like to see input from all, this is not about individual gain but what is best for everyone within our UK Head-Fi Community... first & foremost the Event should make enough profit to pay for the next Event (including promotion cost), to earn a profit the event should be held over a two-day period and be semi-open to the public with a separate lounge for Head-Fi'ers (you're the VIP's)... it has been suggested that we use the same London venue.

The Event is too much for one person to organise so other Head-Fi'ers should be involved (Smial, Duncan etc.? or if you can help please say so)... we should build a 'template' for future Events.

A lot of small Head-Fi cottage-industry manufacturers miss out on certain events around the globe... we should look at ways that ensure they are represented (Smial has a great record of looking after small manufacturers at Events he has organised).

To put on a two-day event a guesstimated cost would be in the region of £4k, so you would look to make double that from the Event... Sponsors will only be interested if we attract sufficient numbers (75-120 Head-Fi'ers attending a event will not justify the outlay).

Over to you guys for your thoughts & suggestions.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #13 of 97
I don't have much experience with such events or organizing them, so i'll refrain from commenting, but I'm interested to see where it's going. Subscribed.
P.S. Maybe you can check if you can get the local vinyl community intrested. Could mean more numbers.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #14 of 97
I couldnt joind the last meet, so I'd very much like to go to this one.
Since you mentioned that the number of people has to be sufficient for sponsors to be interested, I do have one question : how is the event going to be publicized, outside of head-fi ?

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 97
  I don't have much experience with such events or organizing them, so i'll refrain from commenting, but I'm interested to see where it's going. Subscribed.
P.S. Maybe you can check if you can get the local vinyl community intrested. Could mean more numbers.

no worries, I have absolutely zero experience organising a event but being involved with Noble does give me some insight, though it should be acceptable to everyone who carries the mantle, it doesn't have to be me... from a Vendors point of view you would need traffic to make the Event worth Sponsoring otherwise it's easier to ask our customers to take along models for people to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back