London Calling...19th October, 2013.
Oct 5, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #541 of 618
  I'm in.

I'm a veteran and sometimes co-organiser of the Silicon Valley meetups but this'll be my first meet in London.

Between now and then I'll have a look at the equipment list and see if I have anything that it makes sense to bring.

I'll be in the UK, and be able get to London when this happens, so I'm in as well. Look forward to catching up, and meeting the natives :) Small World.

Oct 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #542 of 618
Hi, I'd like to come along. I can bring along a pair of TH900s, HD800s and HE-500s, however I have no portable source atm as my laptop needs repair. Oh and my M-Dac, which I'm looking to sell.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #544 of 618
Is anyone traveling up from the South West and would like some petrol/diesel money ?

I'm coming up from Exeter for the week. If it helps National Express was dead cheap. Also you could try Berrys Superfast , based at tiverton, they won't charge a fortune even for a late booking , as I'm sure this will add to the price you'd now pay for national express.
You can get there! Stagecoach up to Exeter, then onto a Tiverton bus at the bus station, then onto a Berrys at the bus station. Berrys are bookable online.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #545 of 618
Thanks for the suggestion - I was going to try and bring about 50kg of bulky kit though!

Quote:

Is anyone traveling up from the South West and would like some petrol/diesel money ?

I'm coming up from Exeter for the week. If it helps National Express was dead cheap. Also you could try Berrys Superfast , based at tiverton, they won't charge a fortune even for a late booking , as I'm sure this will add to the price you'd now pay for national express.
You can get there! Stagecoach up to Exeter, then onto a Tiverton bus at the bus station, then onto a Berrys at the bus station. Berrys are bookable online.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #549 of 618
Just wondered if anyone attending might have a pair of 'Fisher Audio' headphones (especially the 003 Ti model) that they might bring along, curious to hear a pair, ideally would be nice to compare standard cup against one of their wooden cups!!!

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #552 of 618
As it is getting closer by the day now if anyone is interested I will be bringing along my new Sony 7520's which I had modded with a Whiplash V3 hybrid cable to each channel as I wanted to improve on the Eu Z1000 model which had a couple of issues which the 7520 was supposed to resolve.

And the first April London Head-fi meet earlier this year was the reason I purchased the Vorzuge Duo portable amp which I think is still not talked about that much on Head-fi which might be the price tag perhaps brand new and if it was not for the Head-fi meet I would not of spent that amount on one until I heard how good it was let alone even knowing it's existence before the last London meet.

Not much to write home about, but for anyone who may already of been wandering or wanting to listen to the above for a while will be more than welcome to in a couple of weeks time. My other portable gear on the day will consist of a Sony X walkman (still!) a pair of JH16pros, Heir Audio 5.0 and TTVJ Slim amp all wired by Whiplash cables.

Look forward to meeting the head-fi fraternity again soon.......

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #554 of 618
@fortisflyer75...I know the jh16 are ciems but let's meet up and chat! At v least you can try them with my apex glacier amp which was designed with them in mind.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #555 of 618
@fortisflyer75...I know the jh16 are ciems but let's meet up and chat! At v least you can try them with my apex glacier amp which was designed with them in mind.

Hi Daniel,  that will be great thanks. The glacier amp looks like it is a sleek solid bit of kit.  I know the Vorzuge amp (which you can compare if you have not heard the Vorzuge yet?) I tried at the last London meet was a wow experience with my JH16's and felt I had found the perfect partner but theres always the mistress around the corner to break that relationship up!

Be good to chat as I see you have the SPL Auditor also which is one of the amps I am considering getting next year with a pair of cans for some serious desktop listening.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back