LOL @ J&R today... (WeSC related)
Feb 16, 2010 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

GarageBoy

100+ Head-Fier
I dropped in for 15 minutes to see whats new and ended up with a good laugh.
First was a teen kid trying to convince his dad to buy him a WeSC headphone.

His dad basically said to him "what's wrong with those Sonys over there?, they look just as nicely made and are $20 cheaper", while he was trying to make up excuses without actually saying "they look cooler"

Right then, two kinda dirty skater kids (longish, dirty hair, skinny jeans, one looked like he was 10 or 12) speaking French DID convince their parents to buy them a pair of the same WeSC headphones

Here I am thinking, of how hard it was to sell Beyers on to people who do not know what they are..

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #2 of 16
Lol this is really something for the General discussion thread but meh. The WeSC headphones look disgusting, kinda like skullcandy
biggrin.gif
I am betting it's "All looks and no heart".

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 16
Why is this funny?

This isn't another thread where people get to bash others for simply not knowing, is it? Or is it another thread where people get to bash others or product just to feel smug and superior? I sure hope not. Those kind of threads really piss me off.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 16
It was funny because these kids were begging their parents for them like the latest how new toy (never seen that for any headphone before) and one was making BS on why he should get the WeSCs over the Sonys (oh, these will last longer, they have (insert feature here), etc.)
Not a bash at all

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 16
I saw a girl with superlative conspiracy on her shirt, had no idea what it was until now. Hell, I still don't.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #12 of 16
WESC is a fashion brand. If beyer or senn or akg ever bothered to put out feelers, I'm sure they could find a hipster clothing brand like kitsune to design shells for their low-end portables. It's unfortunate that high end brands are so staid, else they could use superior sound to compete with any skullcandy-type branding.

Wait, what am I saying, the fashion houses will always go for the lowest priced east asian oem solution. The J&R incident's proof that their customers won't know any better.

Feb 17, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #15 of 16
Never heard of WeSC until now, but they do design some nice looking retro-style headphones.

Still, Panasonic's HTX7 is even more retro without having any pretensions of hipsterness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back