LOL - I just realized how much of this I had in my dorm room! (CH3CH2OH)
Apr 12, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wha? Did someone say gin?

Yes , I'm drinking some Bombay sapphire mixed with diet Pepsi right now mmmmmmmmmmmmm
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but as much as people play up the effects of alcohol...

I don't think that it can turn you into something that you are not. Honestly, it just makes you more of your true-r self. I have never done anything drunk that I wouldn't do sober ( and that does include homework).

Thats technically true, but misleading.
Alcohol reveals a more primitive you, a more "cave person" you.
The first thing to go are the higher brain functions that are responsible for decision making e.g. risk vs reward and inhibitions e.g. self control.

I also would not recommend doing homework whilst drinking cause it's a gaba agonist and will slooowwwww your brain right down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been trying my darnest to find 99% pure alcohol to clean off my pcb's to no luck
frown.gif
I have no alcohol at my place, my friend is the one that stockpiles it
smily_headphones1.gif

I got a gallon of 99.8% in here from Stanley supplies.
smily_headphones1.gif
No drinking please.
biggrin.gif

Two or three beers before writing a paper never got it my thoughts out better or faster.
smily_headphones1.gif
If there is ever a stockpile, there is a mass get together. Right now, I'm put into a drought phase due to the need for a diet/money. I probably have beer and liquor of my own still stockpiled at all of my friends apartments, we share a lot as a college tradition.

PS. I agree that it makes me into a truer self in the way it removes inhibitions. More primitive, slightly... The first effect it has is to remove your ability for high levels of ethos long before it affects logic. I believe I act mostly on logic anyway. It seems a lot harder to say no something you might want after the first few drinks (for example, drugs/girls), it becomes harder to care that it would be bad for you. Some seem to tend to use it as an excuse for their actions I believe.

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #36 of 43
With all this talk of being drunk and revealing your "true-r" personality, it's interesting to note that people's attitudes are just as effected by the perception that they are drinking alcohol as when they are drinking something that they were just told was alcohol...

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #37 of 43
Bah I don't like how we can openly talk about alcohol but not other recreational activities. I don't really like drinking...

But otherwise, we usually keep a bottle of rum or vodka in the freezer just in case.

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Well...considering that I couldn't rememeber the chapter or really much about doing it... I was drunk.

Moderation is key --- somewhat said by the fact that I still have alcohol from 7 months ago.

Then you likely weren't doing the homework to the best of your ability. Period. Ethanol affects your normal brain processes, plain and simple. People's moods and actions can and will be affected by drinking. I've never done anything stupid or outrageous when I've gotten... "intoxicated", but I've seen plenty of other people do a lot of stupid things, and if you think they would do those things when they were sober, forget it.

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #39 of 43
I've done plenty of stupid things when drinking, and I've been drunk only a few times in my life. One or two drinks was all I needed to do things I'd regret later. Probably means my stupid button is more active as a general rule than my saner peers, but I haven't had a drink in years, and that's not a bad thing.

I'm not passing judgment here as I did my own form of partying when I was in college, but I've been really surprised at the amount of drinking, the openness the binge drinking, and the acceptability of it all at colleges these days (for the last ten years or so), since most students are underage. If I'd had booze in my dorm room back in the day, some one would have found out rather quickly, and I would have been kicked out. The drinking age was 18 back then as well, so kegs at parties and such were accepted, but either the rules have changed on campuses or it's just considered a part of life. At any rate, be safe, drunken collegians.

Apr 17, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #40 of 43
Guys....

No one got that I was joking.....

Uhhhh...weird and awkward.

Actually, I don't drink to get drunk and only drink when in a social setting. Personally, I would rather have a fine martini than a beer cube. I admit that I awlays keep a a bottle of red wine and some brie around for when girlfriends have crisis' or boy problems. If that person is underage - we go to the local coffee shop.

The being drunk and doing my homework... not true. I did however do the wrong chapter since I did chapter 8 instead of chapter 5.

I was really half expecting someone to come out and side with me or something... which would have been funny!

As you can tell from the stuff I have, it is not "stuff to get drunk on". If I wanted that it would all be everclear, cheap vodka (the $10/handle kind), and low-end beer.

C'mon...no one knew I was joking?

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Well...considering that I couldn't rememeber the chapter or really much about doing it... I was drunk.

Moderation is key --- somewhat said by the fact that I still have alcohol from 7 months ago.

I think your definition of drunk is different from mines, I would classify that as a buzz to powerful buzz.

Apr 17, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #42 of 43
I dont even drink and Ive got a ton of alcohol at the house. The fact that I never drink it means it comes in but it never goes out. I buy it for when friends come over and then they only drink a little bit or bring their own. Or just smoke...things.

Apr 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #43 of 43
Alcohol never seems to last long around me. What started out as an innocent night with some friends on Sunday night ended up downing an entire 40 of vodka. So much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back