Lokking for an Amp for my SR-325i
May 27, 2005 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Rainbird

100+ Head-Fier
orphsmile.gif

Hy all,
I am looking for an amp that can power my new SR-325i and that is able to bring up the potential of the SR-325i. Any experiences?
For pricing I thought about up to $1000.

Many thanks in advance

May 27, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 10
I had the original 325, and they sounded absolutely stunning with a Dynahi, it really accentuated the strengths of those cans and made for very good synergy: depth of bass, detail, and speed, and for once a soundstage that extended beyond the headphones themselves.

May 28, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 10
hr-2 and dont look back...

The hr-2 is so good with the grados you almost think John used it himself in the designing of the 325i's...........Of course thats just a idea of the two together...I am not saying that cause I heard it or I know that....Infact I dont even know where I am......who are you?

lol j/k
hr-2 30day return from todd...

May 28, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 10
The 'ol Grado amp does a good job and it easy on the eyes. It has been cloned, too.
But I think I am violating a head-fi rule by suggesting something below your budget?!
rs1smile.gif
wink.gif

May 28, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #8 of 10
I would also seriously consider a HeadAmp GS-1. Excellent amp and itfunctions quite well as a preamp also...

May 28, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #9 of 10
I'm using my 325i with a Ray Samuels HR-2. I haven't really been a Grado fan in the past but I really like this combo and feel it has excellent synergy. No crossfeed, if you care about that.
Great combo and as Billy metioned, you can have between 7-30 days of no risk trial depending if you buy from Todd or direct from Ray.
I can't say enough about this pairing.
I have also heard the Gilmore light with Grados (but not w/ the 325i) and it was good too but I much preferred the HR-2 w/ Senns. In fact, that's still what I do the majority of my listening with. Once in awhile though, I get a couple a beers in me and can't resist rockin' out w/ the Grados!
CPW

May 28, 2005 at 12:34 PM Post #10 of 10
You may like to try it with the RA-1 like daycart1 mentioned. I'm certainly enjoying it, especially with the Grado headphone extension.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back