Logitech Z906 Replacement
May 18, 2016 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Adexus

New Head-Fier
I've been wanting to upgrade these for a long time now, I initially bought them after my Logitech Z5500 sub blew and those speakers lasted me a very very long time but I think it's time for a proper audio upgrade.

I think I've found some good speakers that I'll be happy enough with but I'm struggling to find an amp to go with them, I've got an Asus Xonar D2X to pair it with and I'd like it to have support for 5.1 just so I can add speakers to it in the future and an option for a subwoofer would be fantastic, support Dolby Digital and DTS preferably as well, have at least 1 or 2 optical ports and a coax just for ease of use really as it'll be paired with game consoles as well as my PC.

The speakers I've been looking at are the Q Acoustics 2020i or maybe the 3020s.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/q-acoustics/2020i/qaco-2020i-gra

I'd like them in white but that's just being picky really, you guys got any ideas on which amp I could get as I'm a bit stuck!

They'll be used for a range of things like gaming and a lot of music listening, mostly listen to rock/metal but also a lot of other genres too.

Cheers guys!

May 26, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 3
I've got a set of their big brothers, the Concept 20s (which are really just 2020i with a fancy cabinet), and they are amazing little speakers. I listen to metal/post rock/hardcore/whiny 90s emo and I couldn't imagine a better sound signature. You won't be disappointed.

Can't help with the amp for 5.1/DTS, unfortunately - I've got mine hooked up to a Rotel RA-10, which is as minimalist as it gets. My 7.1 amp in the loungeroom is a Marantz 1605, but that seems like overkill for a computer setup.

May 26, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Sounds good to me! Thanks for the help dude.

Yeah I mainly listen to heavier stuff so if these are good for that then I'll be happy!

The amp I've been looking at is the Denon AVR-2200 since it'll be used for my PC, consoles, music, movies so that's comparable to your Marantz 1605 too I suppose! It seems really future proof as well which I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back