logitech z560 with external amplifier?
Sep 23, 2006 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tekstyle

New Head-Fier
i have a logitech z560 4.1 surround system hooked up to my computer. the comes with a green jack and a black jack. The green jack goes into the front channel 3.5" hole on my sound card and sends signal to my front speakers. However, the black jack, which i hook up to the rear channel 3.5" hole on my sound card did give me any response when i was testing. There might be something wrong with my speaker system, but i also read that the front and rear are wired in parallel.

In order to over come this problem, i was wondering if anyone knows of i can find an amplifier or a receiver/amplifier-in-one to power my 4 satellite speakers and the subwoofer. I am planning to bypass the integrated amplification system that is built into my subwoofer box. That way, i can at least garantee each satellites and the sub woofer will be getting their own individual signals from the computer. My sound card is a 6 channel (front, rear, center/sub).

I have looked at Home theater sound receivers, but they are too big to have sitting on my desk or under my desk, and too expensive ( costs more than my system alone). I was hoping to found something smaller, about the size of a cereal box. I have thought about looking into DJ equipments, and car stereo equipment but i don't know where to start. can someone give me some advices? thank you so much everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back