Logitech Z Cinema Advanced Surround Sound System?
May 22, 2008 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

flame

100+ Head-Fier
May 23, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 6
i haven't tried these, but i from the looks of it it's probably just an average pair of speaker and amp with the SRS surround dsp built in. depends on if you like processed sound i guess. I own a pair of the Audio engine A5's and let me tell you they blow me away. incredible detail resolution, spatial sound and deep but not sloppy bass for the price (got it even cheaper on provantage). It's suppose to sound similar to the A2's except with more bass response, so I'd expect the A2's to sound great as well.

i used to own logitech speakers and they were pretty bad, though that was years ago. considering logitech isn't an audio based company I don't expect much from their products in terms of audio quality.

May 23, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 6
anyone who pays even 75% of the msrp of THAT thing should get shot.

logitech speakers are horrible... I had a lot of them before, but once you swap into headfi gear... and then better speakers, they rip u right off

May 23, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Maybe i should give audioengine a try then. I had bad experience with Logitech before too, but thought it's been quite a while now, things may change, guess that is not the case here.
tongue.gif

Btw does anyone know where to get A2/A5 for a good price? Thanks!

May 23, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks
I have managed to find a local retail that carries them both.
I listened to both of them, A2 isn't as airy and detail as the A5, so i went for the A5.
biggrin.gif

The owner is nice enough to power up his Mark & Daniel setup to compare it with the A5. I dont see i am missing out a lot here in the comparison, best bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back