Logitech Z-906 Set-up Suggestions
Sep 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nerobass

New Head-Fier
So for a few weeks I was tossing up what I should do re: sound on my pc/ tv/ everything

I was pretty keen but in the end I settled for a set of Logitech Z-906 they are still sitting in the box as I'm in the process of moving (unpacking)... my question is should I run my pc though these or should I look at something like the Audioengine P4's hooked up to an old Yamaha stereo amp?

Ideally I would like both options as the Z-906 will be around the corner so they would be ok for music but gaming and anything near field would probably be lacking. I can see a few options and i'm not sure how each would work or how good the quality would be. These are:

A: I have a uDAC-2 so I could run this to an audio switch then RCA then to both sources the length to the z-906 would be 5m or so. would this switch idea degrade the SQ too much? Also this limits me to one or the other not both at the same time.

B) this is my preferred method but i'm not sure if its possible so input/ feedback would be welcome. It would be to use the uDAC-2 to feed the stereo amp and then run a Digital Optical from the soundcard (probably a new soundcard so a recommendation for one would also be appreciated) to the z-906's. Is it possible to output sound from both the uDAC and soundcard at the same time (I assume it is). Furthermore would some good RCA cord give better sound than using optical (as I assume this relies on the DAC in the z-906 to decode the sound)?

Sorry if this post is a bit all over the place it's 3am and my mind is a bit all over the shop.

NB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back