Logitech Z-680 Troubles (Please help!)
Feb 6, 2011 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JorgenMeathooks

New Head-Fier
Hey there,

I did a search on Z-680 and the majority of threads I found were in the Computer Audio section. I used mine for movies, PS3 and computer, so I hope this thread fits in this section.

So, my roommate sold me his Logitech Z-680 set for dirt cheap ($50) because he just wanted to not have to deal with them wasting space. He hadn't even used them, but they came from his dad so they were used.  Everything worked perfectly for a couple months, I loved playing games with it (God of War 3 and Split/Second, amazing with it).

Then one day the left side stopped working. Both the front and back left speakers just no longer did anything. Well, not the speakers themselves because they work just fine, but no speakers plugged into the sub for the left side works. Obviously, I assume the sub-woofer is the issue.

What would be the cause of something like this and is it fixable? I'm willing to try to fix it myself because I don't have the money to take it to someone who can repair it.

Short version: I have the Z-680s, left side no longer works, speakers themselves are fine, what do I do?

I would LOVE to be able to just replace it, but I can't. Totally out of money, unless any materials to fix the issue costs under $15 (maybe $20).  

Also, please let me know if there is any information I can provide to help you help me!

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Fuse is there, fuse looks fine, as far as I can tell. Could maybe a new fuse just be needed? :\  I would love a simple fix.

Wouldn't a messed up fuse just make it all not work? From what I see, there's only one fuse. My understanding is that if that one fuse doesn't work, the whole thing won't work, not just the left speakers.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 7
:|

No help? 

I figured this one be one of the better places to get help for anything sound-related. If no one can help here, can I at least be pointed in the direction of a forum that could give me what I'm looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back