Logitech Z 5500 Digital $146
Mar 10, 2008 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

qaid

New Head-Fier
UPDATE:
Amazon has the Logitech Z 5500 for $146 after $40 rebate. IMO Logitech rebates are good, I get my money back every time.

If these go out of stock (and it will be soon I bet), Buy.com is selling Logitech Z 5500 for $170 after rebate....if you have google checkout you can get $10 off, will be $160. Alternatively, click this link first for 5% off ($10). Some people may have $20 off codes associated with their gmails.

I'm hoping this is a good deal since it was originally $400. What do you guys think of it for this price? Is the audio quality for music/gaming excellent?

I bought these for $150 and I plan on hooking these up to my laptop. But my laptop has integrated speakers, what are your suggestions for external audio card? USB or ExpressCard (PCIe?)

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 6
For the price the audio quality is in my mind excellent. I paid about 350 when they were just released. I have mine hooked up on optical to what is now a auzentech dolby card. For Video games this makes the sound tremendous, neighbors hate me though. SQ wise a lot of other setups could beat it. Size wise it's great. And for its intended use I don't know how you beat it at that size.

As for sound card anything will improve SQ over the laptop stock.

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 6
Gotta agree on it not being very good for music. I had been listening to music on those until I found this site. Bought my DT-770's, and I'll never go back. They are good for games and movies though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back