Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers -or- Altec Lansing VS2620 Speakers ?
Oct 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Danny1

New Head-Fier
I'm just strictly looking for a comparison of these 2 speakers, and which one is best overall.Thank you for your time and posting in advance.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 5
Most people in this place won't touch these with a ten foot pole. From what I can tell from Newegg, they're both pretty cheap computer speakers (less than $30) and max output power is 5 watts. You won't be filling any rooms with sound and if you crank them they will not sound good at all. For near-field listening at a computer (less than 5 feet away) they may not be bad...certainly better than built in laptop speakers. Depends on what you're really trying to get out of them. They're an upgrade to built-in speakers, nothing more.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 5
I know this, I am looking for just a basic set of speakers that will sound decent, not looking to buy them solely for the purpose of listening to quality music or filling a room. I wanted a pair of black computer speakers that are an upgrade from my Labtec speakers, and I was wondering between the 2 which one is the best.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 5
I have my doubts on a place called "Head-fi" that you'll find someone who has actually tried both of these with the intentions to purchase. Best thoughts is to check amazon and newegg for reviews. Find a store nearby that sells them with a return policy, and try them out in your home. See what you like better and return the lesser set. Both seem to have 4 star-ish reviews on amazon, so for those that didn't want to spend a lot of money, they seemed to be happy with either set.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #5 of 5
I think i saw a recent review of Lepai TA2020, Dayton B652s and a Polk 10" sub - if you are tight hold off the sub and for the $$ the Lepai and B652 would give u massively better SQ than any PC/Multimedia speakers for the same $$

edit here it is
http://www.head-fi.org/t/630229/and-you-thought-audioengine-a2-was-good-lol-heres-my-near-field-monster-desktop-rig-for-less-than-200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back