Logitech UE 6000 or Beyer COP? (or anything else around $150 CAD)
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

swordknight

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've been looking to buy a decent pair of headphones (~$150 CAD) for a little while now, and I've stumbled upon these two pairs. I can get the COP for around $160 and the UE 6000 for around $110.  From my understanding and reading, both of these are better than the audio-technica m50 (which I think used to be the de-facto recommendation a few moons back).

My current headphones are the Sennheiser HD 438.  They sound bassier than the typical Sennheiser sound signature, but I'm looking for something with a little more oomph and excitement. They sound very generic and boring to me.  I also have some IEMS: the Meelec M9, Monster Copper Turbine Pro, and the LG Quadbeats 2. Hopefully these give you a small reference point for what I enjoy listening to.

I listen to mostly top 40s pop, rap, and alternative/indie pop/rock music, with occasional dabbles into EDM and hard/classic rock. I enjoy a V-shaped sound signature with warm tones.  I also plan on using these headphones for gaming (Counterstrike: Global Offensive, League of Legends), although I understand that warmer and bassier headphones are not ideal from a technical standpoint for gaming.

I also might be listening to these on the train or in a library, so sound isolation and minimal sound leakage is preferred.  They do not have to be ANC like the UE 6000, I just read that they sound good passive as well.

I do not plan on buying an amp/dac, and these headphones seem like they are fine for being driven by a computer or a phone.

Build quality is also preferred because I do not plan to be buying new headphones anytime soon after these.  I've been using my current headphones (Sennheiser HD 438) for the past two years. 

My biggest question is whether or not the COP is better than the UE 6000, and whether it's $50 better or not.  Any other suggestions for around $150 CAD are also welcome.  I'd prefer to be able to buy these headphones at www.canadacomputers.com or www.ncix.com, but that's only a preference.  Big box retailers (Best Buy, Futureshop) obviously work as well, but I'd imagine that there wont be many recommendations that they carry.

Thanks a lot in advance for reading.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 4
Well lets see i have the M9/M6, Quadbeat 2, HD439, listen to top 40, rap, pop and some rock.

UE6000 by a mile

Used to own COP, tried all the bass ports and couldnt believe they were selling it for like $250+ at the time.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 4
Well lets see i have the M9/M6, Quadbeat 2, HD439, listen to top 40, rap, pop and some rock.

UE6000 by a mile

Used to own COP, tried all the bass ports and couldnt believe they were selling it for like $250+ at the time.

Hey, thanks for the reply! It's good to know that you have similar preferences/gear as me :)

Could you mind elaborating a bit on what you've said? What did you dislike about the COPs?

I've also read that the COP have better build quality than UE 6000... is there any truth to that?

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back