Logitech really that bad? Ultimate Ears
Nov 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ruffle

100+ Head-Fier
Since Logitech took over Ultimate Ears, Earphone Solutions has stopped selling them. And the reason I got from it is, Logitech.

It's incredible, Earphone Solutions says they cannot recommend buying an Ulimate Ears earphone. My favorite part is, if you have purchased an Ultimate Ears earphone with us, we will offer a very aggressive discount on a new pair of headphones to replace them.

Damn, Logitech the guillotine to Ultimate Ears?

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 4
I wouldn't exactly blame Earphone Solutions for doing that, but it comes off as some sort of vendetta against UE. The wording seems very negative. On the other hand, yes, it's a 1 year warranty that doesn't cover the cables.

In any case, you can still buy Triple.fis through B&H. It's just that B&H has terrible international shipping rates.

(Where am I going to get Triple.fis now? ;__; )

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Thing is, despite having Logitech behind them now, I think even fewer vendors are carrying UEs now (except for the "Loud Enough" line, which seems to be the go to phones for kids now). Besides the warranty cut, I think that, while the sound quality is still quite good, the build quality of the newer UE models just is not that good - the covering on my UE 5s (v.2) started separating less than two months after I got them (I covered the gap with electrical tape) and the wiring to the left speaker has now gone out after 10 months. I have not abused these things at all. In contrast, my super.fi 3s cosmetically started looking a little beat but still worked fine at 18 months - thanks to being able to replace the cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back