Logitech MetroFi 100v or Klipsch Custom 1s
Apr 2, 2010 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kapkirk

New Head-Fier
I am looking for budget-fi for decent sound while running/biking/office.

I hear the Klipsch Custom 1's have issues with sealing and will need different tips (Etys or something equivalent)

I have not found anything substantial on the Logi Metros 100v (Ultimate Ears) here.

$39 and $25 respectively and will run on a Zune HD.

What say the Head-Fiers? Which one is better bang for buck?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 9
as much as i like my Custom 3's - i hate their cable (it's the same on C1). it's total crap. will die after two months of daily usage. though Klipch has good warranty policy. also their fit is not ok for everyone & i can't use it with stock tips. need to put modded ety flanges on them.
can't say nothing about Logi.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 9
for running i use a pair of JVC marshmallows, they get the job done nicely and theyre really colourful so i look like a funky and stylish running and theyre cheap enough if I break them.
but of the 2, i would pick the custom 1's purely because i hear complaints about the metros

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not heard the UE but for that money the custom 1 is a great buy so long as you like a forward mid centric sound. btw it isolates alot so may not be wise to use when on a bike unless you want to became a stain on the road

This plus the cable make the Custom 1 unbearable for me. I would rather listen to the $5 Kanen KM-948. That said, I know nothing of the MetroFi so it is conceivable that the Custom 1 is the lesser of two evils.

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmeloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as much as i like my Custom 3's - i hate their cable (it's the same on C1). it's total crap. will die after two months of daily usage. though Klipch has good warranty policy. also their fit is not ok for everyone & i can't use it with stock tips. need to put modded ety flanges on them.
can't say nothing about Logi.

well the cable on the custom 1 i have is very different to that on my custom 3, i cant say all are the same but the cable on my 1 isnt bad at all unlike the abomination that is the cable on the 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This plus the cable make the Custom 1 unbearable for me. I would rather listen to the $5 Kanen KM-948. That said, I know nothing of the MetroFi so it is conceivable that the Custom 1 is the lesser of two evils.

well i remember when i got my set, for the grant sum of £17.99 i was very very impressed by them. fantastic clarity that quickly put a big smile on my face however i can see why many wouldnt share my appreciation of them

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #8 of 9
Hmm. Mark2410, guess your Klipsch are from different stock. Cable on my C3 was stiff when i got them & C1 i tested in local store were the same. Maybe, they just treat them not properly?

Apr 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmeloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. Mark2410, guess your Klipsch are from different stock. Cable on my C3 was stiff when i got them & C1 i tested in local store were the same. Maybe, they just treat them not properly?

i think it was an age issue, it was never confirmed because klipsch swore blind they never ever changed the cable but older ones seemed to have the reasonably decent cable on them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back