Logitech G430
Mar 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MrRX7

New Head-Fier
Hi all I just bought the Logitech G430's, I have a few questions if I may please;

1. Can anyone tell me if they are good, they sound great to me.

2. Should I wear them in slowly? by not playing loud until I have used them for a certain period of time?

3. Also why can i hear myself talk when I turn the mic on? I only want my friends on Mumble to be able to here me?

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 6
1. I don't own these myself... but if they sound good to you, they sound good. It's all personal preference, really.

2. I wouldn't be afraid to crank them up a little. As long as they don't bottom out, you should be okay.

3. My Turtle Beach headset does the same thing. Many people find it easier to talk when they can hear what they're saying. Not sure if you can disable that feature.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Im assuming this is suppose to happen and it happens to everyone?

Sure. So you know if you have the mic on. That way you are not talking to someone in the room with you and broadcasting out over the Internet without realizing it. Could be very embarrassing for some people if that happened :)

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #6 of 6
I know this is an old thread and all, but long story short these were my old pair of cans, (upgraded to Philips Fidelio X2) and I was looking for the page on these so I can review them.  I just wanted to say you can easily turn off the function that you can hear yourself (if you haven't done it already) by right clicking the Winderp$ sound icon in the task bar, going to recording devices, choosing your mic and hitting properties, go to the listen tab, check listen to this device and hit ok, then go to the playback tab of the sound window, choose your output and choose properties, go to levels, and turn down the listening option to zero.  I forget why, but there's a reason you'd want the listen check along with the levels turned to zero instead of just unchecking listen to this device...  Anyways hoped I helped you, or maybe some stranger viewing this thread at a much later date. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back