Logitech G35 Gaming Headset Review
Dec 23, 2010 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
I'm only going to say one thing about these headphones with music, and will then focus solely on game audio quality.

Here's the general verdict:
With:
     Music: Terrible
     Games: Even worse.

Seriously, these things suck.

When I was playing BFBC2, the headphones literally confused me.  I knew someone was shooting at me, but I didn't have a clue which direction to look.  In fact, several times I looked in the complete wrong direction.

The Logitech G330s, while smaller, are much better simply because they do not confuse me to the point where I can tell where to look in an FPS game...the 7.1 emulation.. well, sucks, on the G35s.

Cannot yet comment on voice quality.

Either way, despite even the world's best voice quality hypothetically, they're still no where near CLOSE worth to $130.

My Audio Technica ATH-AD700s on my X-Fi Fatalty sound world's better, they really are an advantage.

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 8
+1 to OP. I bought a pair of these when my old $25 logitech 3mm plug headset broke (to much bending of wires killed left side signal. The g35 is pretty much in the same class as that... only a bit bulkier. Leather earpads have thin padding and fatiguing to wear for extended periods (especially if you wear glasses). Definately not worth the $130 price tag. Sure it'll give you sound like any cheap earbuds that come with DAPs etc. At the moment, I just use these when I need the mic for skype. Other than that they collect dust. I now have a pair of HD650s for about 2 weeks and do not regret spending the $360 one bit. There is a day and night difference as far as comfort and sound quality goes. They sounded good even when using the 3mm headphone jack from my integrated soundcard. I now have the e7+e9 combo and am enjoying some decent sound quality finally :) 

Now if only I can find a way to quiet my pc... I've already went from 9 120mm fans to 6... I might drop another one and see if it helps further. That or save up for a nice quiet laptop! Also can't wait till I can afford a one of those new burson dac/amp combos! I've just opened the door to a huge money pit of a hobby lol.

So for anyone even thinking of getting the g35... save your money... get a pair of real headphones and buy one of those clip on mics for it if you need one. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 8
I freaking love these g35 headphones........Not sure what crack you are smoking but thes sound 10x better than my ATH-M50s, monster turbines, Klipsch S4, and Razer headphones... you guys are on CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't use the fake 7.1 though. 

I challenge you to play "illegal bass" from the album "illegal bass" on itunes through these headphones at full volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't even have to buy the song, just test the sample. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 8
My friend received these for Christmas, which I got to test out.  I agree with OP. The sound quality on these are just not up to par, especially at $130.  If it was in the $60 range, I could see the value.  I really like most Logitech products too, except their headphones. 

After listening to them, my friend asked for my impression.  I didn't want to be mean, so I told him they were ok, but I preferred my current setup.  He ended up deciding on his own to return them...

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 8
I just upgrade the driver to Logitech Gaming Software 8.01.120. To be surprised, it has preamp configuration under Advanced Equalizer. Once If you move it up (10db for me), G35 sounds quite good. I'm new to this hobby and will leave gurus here to judge it. To me, I'm finally able to use this for my music collections. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 8
I wish I'd found this thread a few years back when I snagged a G35.  Granted I paid less than $60 but they're not even worth that.  The OP is right, poor with games and abysmal with music.

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 8
I used to have these, the positioning was actually fairly good when set up correctly, apart from the lack of precision in the 11, 1, 5 and 7 oclock which seems to be due to DH. Sheer objective quality really wasn't great though. Is worth ~$80 imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back