Logitech Cordless PS2 & XBox Controllers
Mar 17, 2005 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

digitaldave

500+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my PS2 (and maybe the corresponding one for the XBox too). Does any one have any experience with these, for example, are there any responsiveness issues? I'm mainly playing Gran Turismo 4 at the moment if that helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Dave.

Mar 18, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 11
Hi I just received the Logitech Cordless PS2 controller in the mail today as a gift for someone else, so I can't test it (I don't have a PS2 either, so...). The package is clear so you can see the controller, it looks very well made, and it is more heavy than the standard PS2 controller. (Have tried a PS2 many times). If you can wait until Sunday morning, I'll post some impressions.

One thing i just noted when reading the back of the package: 50 hours before batteries run out. In my opinion it's really too short a time. Aside from this, it seems to get very good ratings in reviews, and many claim it is the best cordless controller available for the PS2 and an excellent one at that.

Mar 18, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 11
I've got the Logitech wireless controller for my XBOX. The one I have is the newer, smaller version. This is my second wireless controller for the XBOX (my other one is a MadCatz) and I prefer the Logitech, but to answer your question about the response time I seriously cannot tell that I'm using a wireless controller. The game responds to your button presses instantly as long as you have a good signal. I'd definitely buy another and recommend it to others.

Mar 18, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 11
i have both, the PS2 and XBOX versions. i love them. you definately cant tell you are using a wireless controller. the response is instant and precise.
the controllers dont have on/off switches, they just turn off when they arent in use.
i cant really comment on the battery life. i keep rechargeable batteries on hand. before i play, i take the batteries out of the charger, put them in the controller and play. i played GT4 for 6 hours the day i got it, didnt need to change the batteries during that 6 hours.

Mar 18, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 11
I use cheap alkalines (Rayovac) and the batteries in my Logitech XBOX controller have lasted a LONG time. I don't know how they did it but apparently the newer version of the controller takes less batteries than the first model, yet has longer battery life.
confused.gif

Nothing beats the GameCube Wavebird controller, though. I've had it for well over a year and I'm still on the original set of batteries that came with it!
cool.gif
Only bad thing is it doesn't have the force feedback/rumble feature.

Mar 18, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #6 of 11
I have that exact same ps2 controller and it is great. Its the first wireless controller that i've used that has great responsivness. On the earlier model the sticks didn't have the rubber on them and slid around too much, but now they added the rubber and its great. One thing though is that its a little smaller than the normal controllers.

Mar 18, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #7 of 11
I have the Logitech wireless controllers for the PS2 and XBox and they are very responsive. Build quality is top notch. Battery life is great. I can't tell the difference between the corded versions and the Logitech wireless versions, though I haven't tried them with fighting games. Playing GT4 is great with the Logitech cordless, but I recently bought the Driving Force Pro. I'm never going back to controllers for GT4. Money well spent, highly recommended

I've wanted to pick up the Wavebird for the GC. I've heard and read a lot of great things about it.

Mar 18, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 11
I tried it and liked it for the Xbox; the only problem was the quite a bit shorter trigger pull.

Mar 18, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #11 of 11
i only tried the PS2 controller back when they first came out... it was alright but the sticks felt like they had even less resistance than the dual shock 2s.. not a good thing... this may have been changed since then but i have no cord length issues with PS2 or Xbox as both systems have plenty of cable length on their controllers so i don't think i'll ever bother with a wireless controller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back