Logical combo for a AMP/DAC used solely with a PC/Mac
May 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

drunkn

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm thinking about setting up my headphone game finally but I was wondering what's considered the best overall experience for someone looking for an amp/dac just for PC use. What I mean is basically I won't use it under any other except plugged into my iMac or Mac Pro (if they finally update the freaking line). So I'm thinking that requires either an optical out or USB connection as a requirement.

Portability isn't a huge concern because I doubt I'll lug it around, it's purely for home/office use. I was looking into the Fiio E17 but I'm not entirely sure that's the best option since I bet a lot of price comes from the form factor/battery etc. Like if I were able to spend around $200 but get something better but not as portable/tiny then I'm totally fine with that. 
As silly as it sounds, I do want something to look nice and possibly match with a silver/metal motif so if there are any that would go well with an Apple product line aesthetic that would preferable. I think my budget is around $200 but I could go a little higher for the right combo of features/looks or say like a huge jump in quality.

Thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back