LOD's and the difference they make: Unresolved Questions!
May 11, 2010 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cronus0326

100+ Head-Fier
 I'm about to get an audiominor LOD for my iphone 3gs.  Its a 22awg silver plated copper cable(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250626898813#ht_1120wt_939).  I had some questions about this LOD and the whole premise of LOD's one compared to the other as i'm sure many of us here on head-fi do.  I thought a thread responding to some of these questions might be beneficial for me as well as others.  Firstly, i'd like to know why this LOD is so cheap and how it compares to more expensive LODS of whose features include "Cryo" e.t.c.  I can assume that most of us here on head-fi are concerned with accuracy.  This means a LOD which promotes detailed representation of the music as well as balanced representation; the more the better.  This being my primary concern, I'd like to assess what features of a LOD contribute to this and wether or not an expensive lod is really superior to an inexpensive LOD; for example an alo cryo and this LOD I linked above.  I've heard mention of awg/length effecting sound.  And as always I've heard mention of it not being relevant much like with any features on all these expensive LOD's.  I myself can discern very minute details and it is precisely these which I enjoy the most.  I want to get a cable which will make my listening experience as enjoyable as possible.  I'd apretiate anyones help in making that happen!  Anyone who has any reccomendations for LODS which are bargains; expensive or not (for example a comprable lod to a $200 for $100 is welcome) we want your imput as well!  Thanks for your time in advance and I look forward to all your replys!

May 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 8
ALL LOD's Cost Under $30 to build its just not possible to go above this with any wire i know of besides the very very over priced crystal wire stuff w/e gimmic that was. i estimate alo lod's cost around $14 to build from nothing. i have lod's that are silver copper spc 30awg to 18ga they all sound the same.  buy w/e lod you think looks best imo b/c 3-5 inches of wire will change nothing for that point any wire will change nothing unless your going to long lengths and are using insufficient gauge.

May 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 8
This wire I cited with a link is $25 total including shipping to buy.  That leaves a very small profit of margin.  So would you say this guy is giving just a really good deal or is there something he is saving money on?

May 16, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
ALL LOD's Cost Under $30 to build its just not possible to go above this with any wire i know of besides the very very over priced crystal wire stuff w/e gimmic that was. i estimate alo lod's cost around $14 to build from nothing. i have lod's that are silver copper spc 30awg to 18ga they all sound the same.  buy w/e lod you think looks best imo b/c 3-5 inches of wire will change nothing for that point any wire will change nothing unless your going to long lengths and are using insufficient gauge.

So bro , meaning to say is for shorter interconnects , jus gt the cheaper ones becos it doesn't really make a huge diff ? Wat u're saying is there'll be a diff if using those RCA - mini / RCA - RCA type ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back