LOD (iPod) quality with mini/micro USB?
Jul 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hscai

New Head-Fier
Hi guys.

I was looking to purchase a LOD with a miniUSB or a microUSB along with the 3.5mm jack so I can charge it at the same time. Though, it crossed my mind that it might degrade the audio quality. Will it? I'm not very technical with this stuff, so please forgive me if this sounds extra stupid.

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Here's what you're looking for.

Not sure if you'll degrade audio quality...I doubt it though.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 7
Jul 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 7
I would go with the FiiO one because the price is less than half of the sendstation one and I know that FiiO makes good quality products as I own some of their other products. I don't see adding usb mini/micro b would decreasing audio quality as the audio will go out one way and power would be going in another. I also don't believe FiiO would make a product that would decrease audio quality in any way. Here's some more info on the FiiO one.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Hi guys.

I was looking to purchase a LOD with a miniUSB or a microUSB along with the 3.5mm jack so I can charge it at the same time. Though, it crossed my mind that it might degrade the audio quality. Will it? I'm not very technical with this stuff, so please forgive me if this sounds extra stupid.

No, it won't degrade the sound quality.  The pins are completely separate.  There are three pins in the dock that an audio LOD is making use of (well, pins 11 and 15 are tied together and go for ground) and four pins for USB data/charging.  I have personal experience with this sort of a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back