LOD help
Oct 10, 2009 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cellison

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I recently got a new 160gb Classic iPod (Sept. 09) and want to connect it to my Graham Slee Voyager portable amp with an LOD. I have ordered an case for my iPod from Vaja but it won't be here for a month or so. I've never bought an LOD before and wondered if anyone here has experience with this case and can recommend an LOD that will fit in the slot in the case. I have attached a picture below.

vaja.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone,

I recently got a new 160gb Classic iPod (Sept. 09) and want to connect it to my Graham Slee Voyager portable amp with an LOD. I have ordered an case for my iPod from Vaja but it won't be here for a month or so. I've never bought an LOD before and wondered if anyone here has experience with this case and can recommend an LOD that will fit in the slot in the case. I have attached a picture below.

vaja.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Well, from the looks of it, it SHOULD fit nicely

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sphb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, from the looks of it, it SHOULD fit nicely

I second that. Looks like it has got ample space to fit in a standard LOD.

Out of curiosity, what headphones are you going to be using it with?

Edit: Just noticed the headphones in your sig!

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 9
Looks to me like you shouldn't have any problems. I can highly reccomend Russ Andrews LOD. Build quality and SQ. The connector he uses is slightly larger than some but I think even that would fit. If not, he has a brilliant returns policy. HTH.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the replies. I've never owned an LOD before... how does one go about determining which is the best for them? There seem to be so many and the prices range wildly. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 9
ALO dock cables are fantastic but little pricey and there 18AWG SXC are the best sounding cables which gives huge soundstage, fuller sound with great details in music and deep punchy bass. Cryo cables sound best to me because it's give wider soundstage, fuller sound and the details are incredible with deep punchy bass. So immidiate fect listener can determine is home theatre type big sound. The silver cables are detailed too but somehow thin sounding, no soundstage but shows great details in highs. So i will recommend ALO these four cables: 18AWG SXC dock cable(bigger sounding), 22AWG SXC micro dock cable(not as big sounding as 18AWG SXC), 18AWG jumbo cryo dock cable(bigger sounding), 22AWG cryo dock cable(not as big sounding as 18AWG jumbo cryo)

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 9
Any other LOD suggestions? A lot of people seem to have ALO LOD's. Are there any other brands worth looking at?

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 9
i like the head direct lod, fo rthe price im going to buy one

50 and they have a 30 dollar lod

i like their mini to mini plug to but its 50,,,
anyone know any better deals,,,,,,,

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #9 of 9
mmm...is it worth getting a better LOD than the iBasso one's for use with the D10 and how much difference is there really? lol. I'm coming close to spamming for asking this across several of the different categories, but thought I'd ask to cover all the bases!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back