LOD For The Pico Slim Which One?
Jan 25, 2010 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

neosoul

Formerly known as marvelousmarvyd
For those of you that pre ordered the Pico Slim what lod are you plan on using? I have a 160gb 6th gen Ipod Classic that I will be pairing this amp with and was try to get some ideas as far as what lod I will pair with this. Trying to keep the form factor as small as possible, any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 16
I also picked up the Whiplash Micro Elite Twag LOD ... obviously not hooked up to the pico slim yet ... but using with another amp and it is seriously amazing!

Relatively new to the portable hi-fi world, but the difference is obvious.

Craig has created a superb product that will match nicely with the slim.

And his customer service - prompt response via e-mail and quick turn on sending the product is top notch!

skoog

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 16
Looks like a great lod, but it seems the rather big 3,5 mm end will be sort of in the way of the digital volume knob?

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by trentino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a great lod, but it seems the rather big 3,5 mm end will be sort of in the way of the digital volume knob?

The knob is on the other side of the amp along with the headphone out.

But I wonder if that large right angle connector is too big for the tiny Pico Slim and puts too much pressure on the input jack.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 16
Oh, I must have seen an old prototype of the Pico slim then.

Edit: yes I'd seen an old pic.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 16
He is right it is on the other side. And the LOD length looks to be just about right and flexible. Don't anticipate any problems. But wait until the slim arrives.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Charlie, the new low profile LOD is using the switchcraft connector which will fit the slim just fine...

maybe but I am using ipod touch at the moment. both are pretty flat. I ordered before micro came out.

anyway, it is not impressing me at the moment like CPC. but at least it sounds robust, smooth and clear out of the box.
tongue_smile.gif
I try to burn in with my D4 when I have time while waiting for pico slim.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

maybe but I am using ipod touch at the moment. both are pretty flat. I ordered before micro came out.

anyway, it is not impressing me at the moment like CPC. but at least it sounds robust, smooth and clear out of the box.
tongue_smile.gif
I try to burn in with my D4 when I have time while waiting for pico slim.

Must remember...P/P ratio....
k701smile.gif

And hence another package of twag+low profile lod....lol...just nice

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Rodriguez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the low-profile TWAg compatible with the iPhone 3G? Is it a good
match for the iPhone 3G and Pico Slim?

It should be...you can view the picture on his slim lod prototype page...looks pretty nifty for extremely slim players too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back