Locations to tryout high end cans in NYC?
Dec 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

devhen

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys. I'm headed back to the Big Apple for a few days over New Years and I'm wondering if anyone knows of some good places where you can demo some of the higher-end headphones like Stax, Audeze, Hifiman, the HD800 & T1, etc. in the city. Would love to finally experience some of them if I can.

In fact, if anyone knows of anywhere in Salt Lake City where you can demo cans that would be great but I'm guessing there's little to none so I figured I'd try in NYC while I'm there.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Check out B&H PHOTO online ( N.Y.C.) I know they sell all of the above (maybe not the stax). I'm also not sure about what they have out to listen too, but you can call and ask, and like I said go on their web site they have a wide variety of headphones. SOUND BY SINGER & STEREO EXCHANGE & ELECTRONIS BOUTIQUE, are hi end stereo stores in N.Y.C. but I dont know about their (if any) headphone departments. Good luck.

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 4
bh only has the HD800 and ps1000 as higher end models and maybe some midfi stuff but it's noisy and source and amp is garbage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back