local headphone retailers
Apr 7, 2004 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

h3nG

100+ Head-Fier
is there a way to find out if there is one around my area (gaithersburg, maryland)? i am illiterate when it comes to reading the yellow book and cant seem to find any good internet sources that has it for listing. it'd be nice to get to try on all the different headphones before making a huge investment...thanks.

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Gramophone looks good. Found them on a web search for Grados (though I don't see it listed on their site). At least "headphones" is mentioned. You may want to give them a call.

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 6
Go to the meetings portion of this site and look for Hirsch or someone else holding a meet in MD. There are a decent number of people in your area, and at least 2-3 big meets per year, so be patient and try out some gear at a meet before buying.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm in exactly the same boat but I live in SW New Mexico.  Not a whole lot out here that I know of other than Best Buy, which isn't an option for me.  I'm a bit green when it comes to headphones and would like to go somewhere that I can meet people in person.                                                              .

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I'm in exactly the same boat but I live in SW New Mexico.  Not a whole lot out here that I know of other than Best Buy, which isn't an option for me.  I'm a bit green when it comes to headphones and would like to go somewhere that I can meet people in person.                                                              .

What a bump. 

You can go to a headfi meet, or a guitar center as far as i know you can demo headphones there. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 6
lol, I justed noticed the date on the post I replied to, 2004.  All I did was a search rather than a new post, so I never checked how old this thread was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back