LMUE Alpha & Delta AD01 U.S. & Canada Review Tour
Jul 14, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #46 of 119
Sounding pretty good so far; bass-forward but no bass bleed, and pretty good detail in mids and highs. I'd call these fun with a capital "F."

Ok, spill the beans already why don't you. I was trying to string the audience along a bit :wink_face:

Seriously though, I was going to wait a couple days and see if the bass tightens up a bit. Not that's it's too boomy or anything - just curious how it'll change. I don't think I'd need much else to change for this sound signature except maybe for the mids to sweeten up a bit.

I don't have the A250 on hand, but I was thinking they kind of reminded me of those with the mid-bass EQ-ed down a bit and drier mids. Whaddaya think hakushondaimao? Am I way off? Is my auditory memory failing miserably in middle age? :blink: :wink_face:

Oh, nice pic by the way! Nice connectors, eh?

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #47 of 119
Hey hakushondaimao, you've got the TPEOS Altone lineup in house, right?

Can you please snap a pic of their respective DC connectors? From memory, the AD01 DC connector seem much smaller than those on the Altones. But we all know memory can be fickle...

Done...

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #48 of 119
Ok, spill the beans already why don't you. I was trying to string the audience along a bit
wink_face.gif

Seriously though, I was going to wait a couple days and see if the bass tightens up a bit. Not that's it's too boomy or anything - just curious how it'll change. I don't think I'd need much else to change for this sound signature except maybe for the mids to sweeten up a bit.

I don't have the A250 on hand, but I was thinking they kind of reminded me of those with the mid-bass EQ-ed down a bit and drier mids. Whaddaya think @hakushondaimao? Am I way off? Is my auditory memory failing miserably in middle age?
blink.gif
wink_face.gif

Oh, nice pic by the way! Nice connectors, eh?

Middle age? Where did I put my teeth...
Sorry about the bean-spill. I'm a real party pooper. 
beerchug.gif

Agreed on the difference with the 250s. The AD01s are bass forward, but not what I'd call boomy. And you're bang on about the mids... not like they're missing, but they could (and hopefully will) fill out a bit with playing time.

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #49 of 119
Really enjoying these with female vocals. Finding male vocals a bit recessed...

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #50 of 119

WHY TPEOS? JUST WHY???

Need to give the AD01 connectors more time, but so far me likey! Solid connection, no worry about bending like 2-pin. Hopefully no worry about sound cut-out like MMCX. Why don't more IEM manufacturers adopt these?

So I've been chillin' with the new Alpha & Delta AD01, Shanling M3, a Scotch and Björk's Biopholia (which I just can't seem to get enough of!). When I first got the AD01, I grabbed my iPhone and tried them and thought they were lacking energy up top and bass was one-dimensional. Plug them into the Shanling M3 and BAM! There's the energy I was looking for and bass quality improved tremendously. Very nice bass slam and more texture without sounding boomy :L3000:

Damn you iPhone :evil:

What source are you using hakushondaimao?

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #51 of 119
WHY TPEOS? JUST WHY???

Need to give the AD01 connectors more time, but so far me likey! Solid connection, no worry about bending like 2-pin. Hopefully no worry about sound cut-out like MMCX. Why don't more IEM manufacturers adopt these?

So I've been chillin' with the new Alpha & Delta AD01, Shanling M3, a Scotch and Björk's Biopholia (which I just can't seem to get enough of!). When I first got the AD01, I grabbed my iPhone and tried them and thought they were lacking energy up top and bass was one-dimensional. Plug them into the Shanling M3 and BAM! There's the energy I was looking for and bass quality improved tremendously. Very nice bass slam and more texture without sounding boomy :L3000:

Damn you iPhone :evil:

What source are you using hakushondaimao?

X3ii. Will give Hidizs a go later in the week.

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #59 of 119
Jul 15, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #60 of 119
  I don't have the best ears but I do think it sounds like a cross between the GR07 Bass and DN-1000

Surprising, it needs abit more power to drive it even though the specs states that it is 9 ohms only. 

Tried the AD01 at the LMUE store. Pretty good strong bass and the clarity is there. I like it!

Need to know your impressions first to do a comparison  
wink_face.gif

mentioned it on page 2 :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back