Living in Seattle
Mar 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
If you know of any street hockey leagues, let me know. I am missing my teams Spring season so I need to find a way to stay in shape...

I'll check with my friends, but I think they'll only really know about ice hockey leagues over here.

Quote:
pat1006.......I agree with miceblue, the Space Needle is a must see.  I have eaten dinner several times in the restaurant on top.  The view is spectacular, and the restaurant seating is on a turntable that makes one revolution per hour, so while you are eating dinner or having drinks in the bar area you get an eventual 360 degree view of the Seattle skyline.  Go about an hour before sunset.  Quite an amazing sight.

Also, the underground Pikes Peak market is lots of fun, too.  Don't miss it.  Keep a light rain coat or umbrella handy.  It rains often in Seattle.

You know, I've lived here for a while and never been to the top of the Space Needle.  Or hiked Mt St Helens.  There's some very odd gaps in my sightseeing history for having lived up here as long as I have.  Don't know if you like hiking and outdoors stuff, but I have hiked Mt Baker, which was really cool, and the Olympic Peninsula is really neat too.  I think you can go from glaciers to rainforests to the beach in a single park.

As for the rain, it drizzles a lot.  Though every now and then we get a good rain storm, often courtesy of the pineapple express.  I've long since given up carrying an umbrella, because it's so hit and miss if it's going to rain and I drive most places anyway.  I've lost too many umbrellas, mostly because on the way home I didn't need it so I totally forget to grab it.

And if you're here for any of the times it snows and shuts down Seattle, you'll probably laugh your head off at how badly this city deals with the white stuff. 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #17 of 18
x2 on making sure to visit nearby West Coast cities.  California is almost too far to drive to, but Vancouver, BC and Portland are real close.

Portland has one of the more special restaurant scenes in the country, especially for its size.  Pok Pok and Apizza Scholls are two places recognized nationally for their specific types of food.  More importantly, there is a cool little store that I have blown way too much money at called 32 Ohm.  ALO Audio's store-front, essentially, it is the whole reason I am here and surviving on cheese sandwiches and chicken fingers (the expensive kind).  BtW, all three of those are very close to each other.

Vancouver is like Seattle through a nice DAC (if I can use such an analogy).  To me, living down here in Portland, those two cities are nearly the same, each with a slightly differently coloration on top. 

To be honest, you'll have your hands full with what Seattle and Washington have to offer.  Hit up the coast for some amazing views.  The Hoh Rainforest is an amazing hike/camp if'n you are into those things.  If you ski, Crystal Mountain, Stevens Pass, and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back