living in Canada
Jun 27, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 12
Does that site really have malware? Chrome said it did and I actually wanted to read that article. I missed the original thread. I wouldn't think a news website would host malware, but:

malbtj.jpg

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that site really have malware? Chrome said it did and I actually wanted to read that article. I missed the original thread. I wouldn't think a news website would host malware, but:

I loaded in FF with noscript so doesn't matter if it has malware or not. Doesn't really matter in Chrome either because Chrome runs in a sandbox so the malware can't damage the OS anyway.

Jun 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 12
I guess so. Alright thanks.

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 12
Canada is a beautiful country. I have visited several cities but there are still some I want to see. Old Montreal is a cool place to just wander around. Qebec is fun but I don't think my style. My best friend used to live in Ottawa but I have yet to visit there. I hope to someday. I hear the ice show is awesome!

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 12
That's because you were way in a more remote area. In Toronto milk is cheap but not as cheap as U.S.

I've been to Ottawa a number of times and it is a nice city. I like Quebec city too because it is Euro in style, the center is anyway. None are as scenic as Vancouver though.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #10 of 12
Not your fault and it never caused me an issue in FF because I use noscript but I just tested it in IE8 and it keeps crashing IE8 but IE8 recovers from it and loads the page again then then it crashes again. Never seen that before but it is not doing anything harmful to my PC besides crashing IE8. I'm in XP under a limited user account so it couldn't harm the OS anyway even if it tried to.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 12
I love my city, and Ontario in general. We've got big cities, quaint little towns, posh upper-end towns and excellent cottage country.

On the darker side, Toronto's in the middle of a city worker strike- that includes garbage collectors. To make it worse, on the first day of this strike the LCBO workers walked out. Without LCBO workers, people and restaurants cannot buy liquor. Absolute havoc ensued. You do not get between a Canadian and his booze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back