Livewiresssss!!!!!!!
Nov 25, 2007 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lonereaction

100+ Head-Fier
I figured that after such a long downtime, all the other Livewires threads could be called somewhat old.. so I'll start a new one! Nothing technical here~

I got mine around 2 weeks ago, and it's fantastic. It took me a week to get used to getting them in and out. The isolation is amazing, no more listening to stupid chatter while studying in the library. I hear things I never heard before (super low bass!), and everything became more distinct and clear.

My friends have never seen a custom before, and everyone wanted to know what a 1/2thousand earphone sounded like (cost me SGD$480). However, despite telling everyone of them that it won't fit and hence there won't be a good seal, they still commented on the sound. Pisses me off when they compare it to some 20dollar earphones or something stupid like that.. =X

Fellow Livewires owners, any tips on getting a good seal (and keeping it)? The way I put them is to first screw them, then push inwards using 1 finger at the gold connector. Sometimes I notice that the left side is louder, and it happens on my old sony player or my current ipod classic. Hmm..

Thanks for reading!

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonereaction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figured that after such a long downtime, all the other Livewires threads could be called somewhat old.. so I'll start a new one! Nothing technical here~

I got mine around 2 weeks ago, and it's fantastic. It took me a week to get used to getting them in and out. The isolation is amazing, no more listening to stupid chatter while studying in the library. I hear things I never heard before (super low bass!), and everything became more distinct and clear.

My friends have never seen a custom before, and everyone wanted to know what a 1/2thousand earphone sounded like (cost me SGD$480). However, despite telling everyone of them that it won't fit and hence there won't be a good seal, they still commented on the sound. Pisses me off when they compare it to some 20dollar earphones or something stupid like that.. =X

Fellow Livewires owners, any tips on getting a good seal (and keeping it)? The way I put them is to first screw them, then push inwards using 1 finger at the gold connector. Sometimes I notice that the left side is louder, and it happens on my old sony player or my current ipod classic. Hmm..

Thanks for reading!

my livewires fit tight, perhaps a little too tight, sounds like a remold may be in order if you still cant get a tight fit after 2 weeks

Nov 25, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my livewires fit tight, perhaps a little too tight, sounds like a remold may be in order if you still cant get a tight fit after 2 weeks

Ah, I get a do get a tight fit.. it gets tiring wearing them after a few hours..
smily_headphones1.gif

I only recently started putting them in correctly (slow learner). Takes me 5 seconds to put in one side. @_@

Nov 25, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 9
Nice to see that you enjoy your Livewires!
I have been looking into custom mold IEM's for a long time, and lately Livewires have become a strong competitior to the more expensive Westone and UE's.

Nov 25, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 9
Yea I wasn't considering getting customs until I saw what a good deal the Livewires were and now I am seriously considering going for it.

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonereaction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for reading!

Congrats on getting your Livewires. Heres a sealing tip.

Insert your Livewires. Open your mouth wide, put pressure on your Livewires by holding the top and bottom with your forefinger and thumb, and "wiggling" the Livewire in until you feel a seal, then close your mouth.

Closing your mouth causes a slight vacuum, that helps maintain a good seal. Hope that helps.
cool.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Waiting for myne to be finished being manufactured and posted off, hopefully sometime this week.

I found out about livewires after coming here having brought some shure e2c's for out on my motorcycle. They just didn't fit my ear and kept popping out. Anyway after going to my audiologist to get the livewire impressions made it turns out i got a very small ear canal which is why i didn't get on with the shure's. Can't wait to get them, been musicless while out and about now for a good month with messing about with the shure's first.

I am not a audiophile, these are my first set of proper earphones other than cheapo ones, seems like i started as I mean to go on.

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by king756 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not a audiophile, these are my first set of proper earphones other than cheapo ones, seems like i started as I mean to go on.

Congrats!

You will be blown away, and afterwards, anything less in SQ from any other headphone will become a bitter disappointment.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back