Livewires vs Super Freq?
Mar 21, 2008 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

dallasstar

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone heard them both? I'm about to buy one or the other, but I can't decide. Livewires look like a more polished option, but I was just hoping that people who have heard both could shed light on how they sound either relative to one another or relative to headphones that you guys have experience with. I am familiar with the sound of: Shure E3C, Grados, and Equation RP-21, so any info on how Livewires or Super Freqs sound in comparison to these reference points would be really valuable.

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 63
Their are 2 members that have had both. I wouldn't say they are the best sources to consult though since they seem new to customs.

Livewires: Built well, detachable/replaceable cable, 1 year warranty for fit and problems, Good support, Dual Driver, limited colors, more expensive than FreQ's

FreQ: Cheap, Tripple Driver, Good Support/Extended Warranty, Upgrades within 1 year for free, Cheasy connector/not built as tough, many color options/different cord colors\

Dallaster, I was in the same boat as you. I ordered the FreQ's but while the kit was being sent out to me I decided to get the LIvewires, I haven't gotten them yet, I just sent out my impressions. I wanted something with a better build quality. The FreQ's sound nice also but I know its a tough decision. I went with livewires for the build quality and all of the great reviews about them. ALso i want to be able to wear the cable over my ears and normally and the FreQ's wont allow you to do that. FreQ is a newer company and they are still growing, I am not saying I don't trust their product yet, but I went with the Livewires anyways. Look up some threads, search Super FreQ and look up livewires too, that will help you decided...

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their are 2 members that have had both. I wouldn't say they are the best sources to consult though since they seem new to customs.

Livewires: Built well, detachable/replaceable cable, 1 year warranty for fit and problems, Good support, Dual Driver, limited colors, more expensive than FreQ's

FreQ: Cheap, Tripple Driver, Good Support/Extended Warranty, Upgrades within 1 year for free, Cheasy connector/not built as tough, many color options/different cord colors\

Dallaster, I was in the same boat as you. I ordered the FreQ's but while the kit was being sent out to me I decided to get the LIvewires, I haven't gotten them yet, I just sent out my impressions. I wanted something with a better build quality. The FreQ's sound nice also but I know its a tough decision. I went with livewires for the build quality and all of the great reviews about them. ALso i want to be able to wear the cable over my ears and normally and the FreQ's wont allow you to do that. FreQ is a newer company and they are still growing, I am not saying I don't trust their product yet, but I went with the Livewires anyways. Look up some threads, search Super FreQ and look up livewires too, that will help you decided...

lol, how do u know what freq sound when u dont even have it. Also, FreQ can be worn over the ear.
The advantage / disadvantage that you gave was good, but then I dont think you should comment on how other people may not be "reliable" because they may be new to customs. Maybe theyve used other head gear for a while and that u might not know?

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, how do u know what freq sound when u dont even have it. Also, FreQ can be worn over the ear.
The advantage / disadvantage that you gave was good, but then I dont think you should comment on how other people may not be "reliable" because they may be new to customs. Maybe theyve used other head gear for a while and that u might not know?

i dont know what they sound like. I gave no information on the specific sound of the Customs. True I don't know if the people who said they have the FreQ's and the Livewires know what they are talking about or not. I am sorry I made the assumption. I trust people's reviews and I have read a lot. 7 out of 8 love their freQ's and recommend them. That is a good amount. The FreQ's are definitely worth taking a look at, but also the livewires are $50-60 away so they are an option too. As I said. Go read reviews on this forum. I read many reviews and I was set on the FreQ's. They are a great bang for the buck ! especially for customs. Give em a go

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 63
Man...You are easily changed by people !

BTW... is it really true that FreQ won't do over the ears ? I want mine to be over the ears and I saw some people got theirs like that.
confused.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW... is it really true that FreQ won't do over the ears ? I want mine to be over the ears and I saw some people got theirs like that.
confused.gif

lol, u should look at his other posts =P, he has no idea what he wants =P.
and btw, just give them an email, tey will do over the ear.

Mar 21, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #8 of 63
Quote:

lol, u should look at his other posts =P, he has no idea what he wants =P.
and btw, just give them an email, tey will do over the ear.

well that isn't true...he has an idea what he wants..he wants livewires haha.

Mar 21, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif

confused.gif

I think what elluzion means is that with Freq's you have them made either for over the ear wear or straight down wear. With LiveWires you can wear them over the ear one day and straight down the next. Kinda like some days you feel like a nut and some days you don't.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think what elluzion means is that with Freq's you have them made either for over the ear wear or straight down wear. With LiveWires you can wear them over the ear one day and straight down the next. Kinda like some days you feel like a nut and some days you don't.
smily_headphones1.gif

Exactly what I meant. You can ask FreQ to change the orientation for over the ear or normal. But with livewires you can do both.

Yeah i did have a very hard time deciding. I was so set on FreQ's that when I heard of livewires and started leaning towards them it was hard. I have bad upgradtitis. It started off with the FutureSonic Atrio M8's, for $150, then I wanted something else and sold those and wanted to get FreQ's then I changed my mind and wanted to get livewires. Now im getting livewires lol. Crazyyy
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #11 of 63
Hey guys, thanks for the input. Now that I think about it, I think I am going to go with Livewires. Even if Freqs were to be equal or better in terms of sound by some people's opinions, I think I would be better served by the build quality and flexibility of the Livewires (given that any difference in sound quality would be small, and that Livewires may even sound better by some people's preferences).

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, thanks for the input. Now that I think about it, I think I am going to go with Livewires. Even if Freqs were to be equal or better in terms of sound by some people's opinions, I think I would be better served by the build quality and flexibility of the Livewires (given that any difference in sound quality would be small, and that Livewires may even sound better by some people's preferences).

Good choice, and good luck

Live Wires Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors / Headphones

Mar 21, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 63
I had the same debate, but just based on the build quality went for LiveWires, if I am paying upward of $200 the product must be built well and lok the piece, some of the Freq pics I saw were just horrible!

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

maybe we should just start convincing elluzion to get UE customs... everyone, lets convince him.

then we'll have a UE custom user instead.

lol. the only reason i had a problem deciding between the livewires and the FreQ's was because they were close in price range. Whenever you are deciding on a headphone their is always a nemesis. UE customs would be amazing but are way too expensive. Maybe in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back