Livewires vs Shure SE530 (E500)
Jan 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

En_R

100+ Head-Fier
Ready to buy one of these, but I have a couple of questions...

How do the sound signatures differ? which one is better suited for classical/piano/rock?

Does the custom fit of the Livewires have improved seal over Universal IEMs?

Jan 31, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by En_R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ready to buy one of these, but I have a couple of questions...

How do the sound signatures differ? which one is better suited for classical/piano/rock?

Does the custom fit of the Livewires have improved seal over Universal IEMs?

I've only listened to the shures once and it wasn't for a very long length of time.

I will say that I love my livewires with rock. They have a smooth, thick sound.

As for the seal, its different than the shure. If its all about personal preference.

I've had the shure seal and its nice. I used industrial ear plugs for foamies until shure offered up the black olives for sale. So you get a nice, 30ish db in sound reduction with the shures. The livewires have a low 20's db in sound reduction but the livewire fills up your entire ear, not just the ear canal.

Jan 31, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 13
universal fit iems have always given me more isolation then custom fit but I can wear my custom fit for longer.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
universal fit iems have always given me more isolation then custom fit but I can wear my custom fit for longer.

Some reason I am just the opposite. I get a far better seal out of my customs than i did my universal. Now I can not stand the feel of universal's, but I have yet to try the olive foams.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 13
one thing about customs that i'm afraid of is that everybody's ear canal will grow and change it's shape. so it may not fit as well as time goes by.

also, i feel that our ear canal also changes with temperature and other factors, so it's not always the "perfect" fit.

Jan 31, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one thing about customs that i'm afraid of is that everybody's ear canal will grow and change it's shape. so it may not fit as well as time goes by.

also, i feel that our ear canal also changes with temperature and other factors, so it's not always the "perfect" fit.

True and most companies offer refits for a marginal price. Ue charges 50.00 after your warranty is up to refit your customs.

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #9 of 13
I feel Livewires beat Shure SE530. I haven't listened to my SE530 in months, and I recenly bought Triple.fi 10 Pro and sold them in a week because I prefer the Livewires.

My review will explain why. (they did refit them after the review, and with a better seal came better bass, but it was great even before the re-fit) Follow the link to get the review links.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...ml#post3725319

Jan 31, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #10 of 13
If the Livewires came with the PTH they would almost be the perfect IEM in their category.

Jan 31, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #11 of 13
Hmm...the PTH module can be purchased separately right?

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #12 of 13
yup, it can be purchased separately. looks like you just found your perfect IEM.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #13 of 13
Well, I use my PTH with Livewires around the house all the time, so my wife and kids can converse with me without having to remove the LW. Just as easy is to push on the back of your ear and break the seal to talk, then release your ear when you are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back