Livewires Vs. Freq.
Jul 1, 2008 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TySable

New Head-Fier
So, ive been lurking in the forums for a while, reading up on these two and other IEMs. I have been wanting to get a custom-fitted IEM for a while now. ive heard good things about both the freq and the livewires. id like to know what yeur opinions are on both.

-The Tour de Freq
-The livewire

Not only the sound, but the overall quality, the build quality, the fit, the customer support, the sturdiness, all of it.

Im very much leaning towards the livewires. ive heard much better overall things about them.

also, a couple of specific questions:

with the livewires, should i go for the upgrade cables, or does it not make a difference?

with the freq, which crossover should i get?

thanks
-sable

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think you can lose with either company. At this point, you're better off flipping a coin and choosing one, but since you're already leaning towards LiveWires, I say go for it.

I'm not sure what the LW upgraded cable is, but I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

With the FreQ, get the MM crossover.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 4
AFAIK Livewires doesn't have an "upgrade" cable. I know they have a cable with a 50ohm resistor, but that's mainly to get rid of the hiss on lower quality sources (laptop, old ipod, ect). The standard cable performed better when I was able to A-B the normal and 50ohm cable a while ago.

Jul 2, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Ty,

I've been in the same quandary as you, although trying to decide between the LiveWire's and the FreQ Show. I think Powertoold said it best - flip a coin!

smily_headphones1.gif
john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back